5. South Carolina
6. Baylor
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. NC State
10. UCLA

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1575917571623.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Clearly the shellacking of Notre Dame made an impression on enough of the voters to nudge UConn past Oregon (by 7 points) even after Oregon run-ruled South Dakota State.

Other major movers:
Louisville down from 2 to 7
NC State up from 13 to 9
Maryland down from 9 to 13
MS State down from 10 to 15
Tennessee down from 17 to 23
Miami down from 21 to 25
West Virginia enters at 22

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A lot of expected movement. No real surprises there. But UConn #2? Yikes!

Reaction Score
Clearly the shellacking of Notre Dame made an impression on enough of the voters to nudge UConn past Oregon (by 7 points) even after Oregon run-ruled South Dakota State.

Other major movers:
Louisville down from 2 to 7
NC State up from 13 to 9
Maryland down from 9 to 13
MS State down from 10 to 15
Tennessee down from 17 to 23
Miami down from 21 to 25
West Virginia enters at 22

The voters apparently believe UConn beat an ND team that still has Arike, Young and others. :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
And don't forget 1 of the top 1.
Yup, just happens to be the wrong team as #1 but let’s not quibble. Most of us knew the PAC12 was loaded this year relative to all the other leagues. Arizona is better than their ranking but they have played a pathetic OOC so the #18 is deserved at the moment. Do any of West Coast colleagues know if the AZ coach has been asked about this cream puff schedule?
I actually think all 5 of these teams are top 12-15 range. Not sure what to think of Colorado at all. Cal may be better than most thought as many forgot the “Lindsey” factor as she’s no longer there, so addition by subtraction :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last night in his post game press conference Geno had a little fun with the whole S.O.S./ranking thing when he said, “We beat the team that just beat the team, that beat the #1 team in the country, that beat the U.S. National team.” ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yup, just happens to be the wrong team as #1 but let’s not quibble. Most of us knew the PAC12 was loaded this year relative to all the other leagues. Arizona is better than their ranking but they have played a pathetic OOC so the #18 is deserved at the moment. Do any of West Coast colleagues know if the AZ coach has been asked about this cream puff schedule?
I actually think all 5 of these teams are top 12-15 range. Not sure what to think of Colorado at all. Cal may be better than most thought as many forgot the “Lindsey” factor as she’s no longer there, so addition by subtraction :rolleyes:
Believe it or not, Arizona's OOC schedule was even worse last year, and it may have been the thing that kept them from an at-large bid.

I vaguely recall it being stated, maybe on one of the game broadcasts, that her plan was to gradually upgrade the schedule as her team got better. Certainly she expected Texas to be better than they are (notwithstanding the win over the Fake UT). But yeah, even then it would've been only a minor upgrade from last year, and this schedule is just simply inadequate for a team with solid NCAA tournament aspirations.

With ASU struggling mightily against almost all opponents, Cal may actually be the 6th best team in the Pac-12 this year. I really don't think Colorado is that good. They're probably about like Kansas and Texas Tech, just haven't played anyone yet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is the poll i was expecting. One UCONN fan had a ranking with UCONN at #8. I think last week's UCONN BY poll had UCONN at 4 or 5. I don't doubt the next one should have us at #2 where we belong.

Keep in mind that at this point of the season, polls are not about "how good is your team". There is enough empirical evidence to compare teams who have played each other, margin of victories, and common opponents.

It's clear that tOSU and Cal are both better than most thought. tOSU beat L'ville and Cal beat then #20 Arkansas a week or 2 ago. Vandy is 6-3 with losses to UCONN, Rutgers and Seton Hall... Temple hasn't been great by any stretch, but ONLY lost to South Carolina by 7 (we beat em by 30)...

OSU has that impressive win over L'ville and faces Stanford on Dec 15. Should be an interesting game for sure. Virginia also lost to Rutgers but played #11 UCLA close losing by only 11.

I could go on and on. Dayton gave SC a tougher game than they gave UCONN, and we played without Crystal and for the most part Anna.

Bottom line - as much as UCONN has "struggled" (to our eye test), so has everyone else. NO ONE is rolling thru this season so far, not even #1 Stanford. No matter how you slice it, UCONN DESERVES to be #2 in the nation right now. Lots of hoops left to be played. Let's enjoy this challenging year (before we become uber-dominant again starting next year)!!! :D

Reaction Score
Colorado’s new recruits are far better than expected and they return several good players but the SOS, though not awful, doesn’t match top 25 teams. Still, a predicted 12th place finish in PAC-12 looks less and less likely. While this team lost their best player in a decade to graduation, she was injured when Colorado came close to upsetting Stanford last year. I predict a 6th or 7th place finish in nation’s top WBB conference. It may be heresy but their style of play reminds me of UConn.

Reaction Score
Is UConn No. 2? Talk to me after Oregon, Baylor, Tennessee, and South Carolina. Until then it’s just throwing darts blindfolded.

Reaction Score
Colorado’s new recruits are far better than expected and they return several good players but the SOS, though not awful, doesn’t match top 25 teams. Still, a predicted 12th place finish in PAC-12 looks less and less likely. While this team lost their best player in a decade to graduation, she was injured when Colorado came close to upsetting Stanford last year. I predict a 6th or 7th place finish in nation’s top WBB conference. They romped over Xavier in their last outing but that’s not saying much. It may be heresy but their style of play reminds me of UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom