UConn -2.5 @ UB | The Boneyard

UConn -2.5 @ UB

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's a classic let down spot for UConn and I'm not sure how to reconcile the Stony Brook game for Buffalo.

I imagine it will be close in the second half and that hasn't been a good thing for UConn since Louisville.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing how an 0-3, team could have a letdown, but my instinct tells me your post is spot on. I've gotten through three quarters on of last nights game. We have damn good talent. Our DL played like I was expecting this year for the first time this year. Pruitt and Frank did a decent job against first rounder to be Tyler Lewan. Then we will waltz into buffalo, and probably sleep walk through most of the game. Coaching, coaching, coaching.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Same way Pitt let down coming to the Rent last year after the heartbreak against Notre Dame.

It's just what generally happens when teams let huge opportunities slip through their fingers. Even worse to go on the road in a dead building.

Reaction Score
I just think a competent coaching staff gets these guys hungry. Beats into them all week that they are better than 0-3, and it's time go out there and prove it. Have these guys revved up and ready to go. Edsall teams never had those types of letdowns and always beat inferior opponents for the most part. I'm going to enjoy every minute of the season because it will go by in a flash, but if we lose this game a coaching change can't come fast enough for me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just think a competent coaching staff gets these guys hungry. Beats into them all week that they are better than 0-3, and it's time go out there and prove it. Have these guys revved up and ready to go. Edsall teams never had those types of letdowns and always beat inferior opponents for the most part. I'm going to enjoy every minute of the season because it will go by in a flash, but if we lose this game a coaching change can't come fast enough for me.

The biggest knock I think I have on the staff is how many times they have come out flat the last three years. Maybe I put too much of that on the staff, but I've never shook off the last home Louisville game where they were still alive to win the conference and they came out like they wanted to be anywhere else in the world.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The difficulty for me is not only trying to figure out which UConn comes to play, but also which Buffalo. Will it be the Buffalo of the last two weeks where they have looked miserable, or will it be the Buffalo that was hanging tough with Ohio State, only down 10pts. late in the third quarter?

Still....UConn by at least 13pts...

Reaction Score
They gave up 70 to Baylor. 70 points. I hope our offensive can squeak out enough points to support our defense.

Reaction Score
The defense better focus on one guy, the WR Neutz, because he can kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom