UConn 1995: Please join our Football league | The Boneyard

UConn 1995: Please join our Football league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please spend all that money. This is a wondeful ability to be in a (soon-to-be) BCS caliber league.

Then (Temple gets punted) Miami - BC - VaTech ... Pitt-Syracuse ... Rutgers ... and now (never part of ) Louisville exits. Temple returns.

And the Catholic schools, reportedly, are ticked about the way UConn reacted to not being chosen by the ACC. How would Villanova, surely lower on the totem pole, would feel if they spent $200m? This was a Faustian bargain. We made the decision; but, we have a huge investment that we need to protect. I would love to hear an actual (basketball only) Big East President publicly state that UConn should pursue a different path.

I believe we will be fine ... but that's me. Most of y'all are delving on the worst case. I just don't think we have much choice in this roller-coaster; and I specifically call out Notre Dame & Boston College as far more evil in their self-involved, self-interested path. Go ahead Georgetown ... tell me how we diminished your Value as a AD.

Reaction Score
Pudge,

Where was it reported that they were ticked about the way we reacted?

Reaction Score
I am not going to go Google search it. But, I read it in more than one article. (ticked at BOTH Cincinnati & UConn)

Reaction Score
There was an espn Milwaukee article where the Marquette AD, was talking that hinted as much.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
ESPN where else!

"The league was not happy the way Cincinnati and UConn reacted to the news they were not selected by the ACC," a Big East source said.

I took it to mean the catholic schools didn't expect us or Cincy to be so public about wanting to get into the ACC before the selection was made, though if you read the sentence literally it refers to the reaction being made after Louisville was selected. Either way the catholics were concerned about stability before, there were rumors they would leave if either UConn or Louisville left and Louisville did leave so it's not the most earth-shattering quote.

Reaction Score
I believe you. But that could put a damper on finding the best landing spot for our basketball programs other than another BCS conference.

Reaction Score
Pardon me for being lazy, but there are so many articles on ESPN right now. Do you have a link?

ESPN where else!

I took it to mean the catholic schools didn't expect us or Cincy to be so public about wanting to get into the ACC before the selection was made, though if you read the sentence literally it refers to the reaction being made after Louisville was selected. Either way the catholics were concerned about stability before, there were rumors they would leave if either UConn or Louisville left and Louisville did leave so it's not the most earth-shattering quote.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

If they break off and start something new with Xavier, they would still be smart to invite Cincy and UConn along.

Reaction Score
Please spend all that money. This is a wondeful ability to be in a (soon-to-be) BCS caliber league.

Then (Temple gets punted) Miami - BC - VaTech ... Pitt-Syracuse ... Rutgers ... and now (never part of ) Louisville exits. Temple returns.

And the Catholic schools, reportedly, are ticked about the way UConn reacted to not being chosen by the ACC. How would Villanova, surely lower on the totem pole, would feel if they spent $200m? This was a Faustian bargain. We made the decision; but, we have a huge investment that we need to protect. I would love to hear an actual (basketball only) Big East President publicly state that UConn should pursue a different path.

I believe we will be fine ... but that's me. Most of y'all are delving on the worst case. I just don't think we have much choice in this roller-coaster; and I specifically call out Notre Dame & Boston College as far more evil in their self-involved, self-interested path. Go ahead Georgetown ... tell me how we diminished your Value as a AD.

Are you dusting off the oral argument from our former moronic AG?

Reaction Score
Are you dusting off the oral argument from our former moronic AG?[/quote

To do that he would have to call out all the AD's & Prez's of the BBO's personally. That was what really helped last time.

Reaction Score

Pudge: Was there a "reaction" I missed? All I've seen is the expected "we wish our former partner well yada-yada-yada." Grace and good manners for all.

Otherwise, post-decision, there has been tightly controlled rhetoric, from WM or Prez Susan, that extolls the beauty of all things UCONN while not including anything that might be evocative or controversial. Did we manage to piss someone off we we trying not to piss off?

Reaction Score
We went from the Yankee Conference to being able to talk about the B1G. That's insane. I don't think any of us ever imagined this would be a reality so quickly. We're picking up the torch of the elite private college gridiron ghosts in Connecticut, in essence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom