UConn @ #18/15 Yale (12/31/18 @ 4p on ESPN+) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #18/15 Yale (12/31/18 @ 4p on ESPN+)

Reaction Score
I was there. Huska was great, he had like 40 saves or something. Big win, hopefully starts a streak of more wins.

Reaction Score
Talent won this game. Amazing talent UConn has coming through nowadays, just need to develop and maintain grittiness.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know they are not going to build. Just saying..
It's a solid college rink. Have you been to Matthews Arena or the Hobey Baker Rink? If not, you may want to check them out.

Reaction Score
Yale is not building a new rink. You serious?
But they can renovate the interior. Saarinen is dead and gone, so no, they will not replace.

UConn on the other hand, thought nothing of tearing down Saarinen's roof or not putting a fireplace in the Freitas lobby as a nod to tradition. It is what you do when you are strapped for cash.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a solid college rink. Have you been to Matthews Arena or the Hobey Baker Rink? If not, you may want to check them out.
Yes Ingalls is. Lots of history. I have not and would love to check others.

Reaction Score
No one should complain about the XL. Yale needs a new rink. 1st time I have been to Ingalls in about 10 years.

"In 2007, it was announced that the rink would undergo a $23.5 million renovation which would include approximately 13,000 square feet (1,200 m2) of varsity operational space as well as a complete renovation of the facility, including new men's and women's varsity locker rooms, training and strength and conditioning rooms, an added press box, a lower level hockey heritage area, offices for coaches of both programs, a student-athlete study area, new lights, as well as a sound system and de-humidification unit. The lower level interior would also be decorated with photos displaying the history of Yale hockey. These renovations were completed in 2009."

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
wow the same forum that thinks Adam Huska is bad has issues with Ingalls, which is factually great

Yall consistent!

Reaction Score
wow the same forum that thinks Adam Huska is bad has issues with Ingalls, which is factually great

Yall consistent!

No question about it, Huska saved UConn's bacon yesterday.

Reaction Score
But they can renovate the interior. Saarinen is dead and gone, so no, they will not replace.

UConn on the other hand, thought nothing of tearing down Saarinen's roof or not putting a fireplace in the Freitas lobby as a nod to tradition. It is what you do when you are strapped for cash.
That D3 rink was designed by Saarinen? No way. That little place is so memorable even though I only went there once. Really is a shame that it's gone with its design as an outdoor facility.

Interior is fine. Harvard's facility is comparable. Harvard just applied more paint.

Reaction Score
Had tons of fun last night for my first UConn game of the season.

* That Payusov goal was a thing of beauty. I was sitting right by him when he scooped the puck along the boards and then worked his way to the goal all on his back hand. That's a pro move and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get an AHL deal when his UConn career is over

* Iskhakov another guy who's a magician with the puck. Kept my eyes on him whenever he was on the ice. Stronger than expected and made one big hit along the boards.

* Karashik was my favorite defenseman. He was in there in big moments and never looked outmatched despite his size.

* Green and Kinal played a much more mature game than a typical freshman defenseman.

Reaction Score
"In 2007, it was announced that the rink would undergo a $23.5 million renovation which would include approximately 13,000 square feet (1,200 m2) of varsity operational space as well as a complete renovation of the facility, including new men's and women's varsity locker rooms, training and strength and conditioning rooms, an added press box, a lower level hockey heritage area, offices for coaches of both programs, a student-athlete study area, new lights, as well as a sound system and de-humidification unit. The lower level interior would also be decorated with photos displaying the history of Yale hockey. These renovations were completed in 2009."
Yes I saw a lot of this. Especially the de-hum units in each corner hanging over the ice. Too bad they didn't replace the benches for some real seats for us older guys. LOL

Reaction Score
Harvard has chairbacks. Ingalls is way better looking than Bright-Landry. Chairbacks would be nice but oh well. I was in a lot of pain after that game, myself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom