UConn -13.5 | The Boneyard

UConn -13.5

Reaction Score
Looks like they simply took the average of UConn's margin of victory in the 2 wins. UConn should win comfortably and I won't be surprised if we cover, especially if 3's are falling.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That’s a huge number in any BE tourney game. I’d blindly take the points in any BE tourney game with 13.5 points. It’s a winning proposition long-term.

Reaction Score
That’s a huge number in any BE tourney game. I’d blindly take the points in any BE tourney game with 13.5 points. It’s a winning proposition long-term.
Not a bad point, especially since a 6 or 8 point win means just as much as a 15 point win in reality. However, I think DePaul shot their wad last night and UConn should steamroll them.

Reaction Score
Depaul 1H is probably a decent bet.

Typically the lesser teams who have already won a game come out hot in the first half before legs start to tire in the second half of the back-to-back.

Reaction Score
I thought that DePaul played very hard last night and will play hard tonight. But we should play just as hard and have more talent and more depth. But 13+ is a lot to cover.

Reaction Score
If we’re up 12 with seconds to go Andrew Hurley has the same chance to be in the game as you do
Ok. I don't gamble but many years ago I bet against the spread and I remember I lost because Ricky Moore made a basket in the closing seconds to cause me to lose. I was more mad at myself for actually hoping a UConn player would miss than I was for losing the bet.

Reaction Score
Depaul 1H is probably a decent bet.

Typically the lesser teams who have already won a game come out hot in the first half before legs start to tire in the second half of the back-to-back.
I thought DePaul was going to give it away when PcU made their run in the second half but DePaul showed enough determination to make it look like they were the team with the better record coming in.

PcU looks like they have an attitude problem. Horchler shows great energy and has become a star while Duke looks like he doesn't want to be there. Watson, Gantt, Reeves haven't live up to their expectations.

Coaching? Or recruiting the wrong players?

Reaction Score
Ok. I don't gamble but many years ago I bet against the spread and I remember I lost because Ricky Moore made a basket in the closing seconds to cause me to lose. I was more mad at myself for actually hoping a UConn player would miss than I was for losing the bet.
I feel betting on any UConn game is a conflict of interest so I never do it.

I already lose my voice in my living room, why lose money? Just win baby just win.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Especially giving points.

This line is telling me that we blow them out of the building. Any cover would be a backdoor cover, imo.

I was almost going to say "late, backdoor cover" but I didn't want to get reported to the DRD.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
In big situations I have been known to hedge my fandom with a bet. Am I willing to spend $100 for UConn to win? Absolutely. But if they lose, the silver lining is I get paid enough to open a big enough tab to drink my sorrows away.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
In gamblers parlance, this is the old “back door cover.”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you learned your lesson, it's all good. Myself, I got into a drunken Duke v. UConn barroom argument halfway through the first NC year. The take-away was a wager: if Duke and UConn meet in the Big Dance KEA would outscore William Avery. The money wasn't a ton of dough in current funds but it was outside of my comfort zone at the time. I'm in Tampa watching that incredible game but that stupid bet was never too far from my mind. That first KEA free throw that circled the entire rim before falling was torture.

Of course, the guy being a Duke-Yankee fan meant it took months to finally collect. My only UConn bets these days are the futures.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Are you taking DePaul on the moneyline, too?

Reaction Score

I already lose my voice in my living room, why lose money? Just win baby just win.
Last game I bet on UConn was 2004 final four vs Duke. Amazing come back for win, then half court shoot to lose bet felt like a gut punch. Never want to feel any type of bad after a win.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
I've had butterflies all day lol. Not a bad thing, just very excited. Big East Tournament!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom