UConn @ #12 Providence (Saturday 11/13/21 @ 7p @ Schneider Arena). Game streamed on CollegeSportsLive. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #12 Providence (Saturday 11/13/21 @ 7p @ Schneider Arena). Game streamed on CollegeSportsLive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was a terrible pinch by the defensemen in the offensive zone that led to that odd man rush…

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Paint by numbers. Every single one of you could've predicted how this weekend went before it began and it played out in that exact fashion. Concede a backbreaker to get 0 points at home and play from behind all night at Schneider.

They're the quintessential 5th-best team in Hockey East. That's this team's ceiling and they seem to have accepted it's the best they can be.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
This team should have a second moniker, the UConn Jeckly & Huskies :(

Reaction Score
Zero points this weekend sucks. Tough to go on the road after close one v b--c.

The talent is there, but one nagging issue remains - the boys seemed to be gassed at critical times. I think they need better conditioning.
Coaches - let's get more focus here! T

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
No need to panic…this team has a lot of talent. It will show through as the season goes on.

Reaction Score
Power play is abysmal. Prior to this weekend our 4 for 31 ranked 44th of 60 D1 teams at .129. Add 0 for 3 over the weekend reduces it to .1176. I love Cavanaugh, but this has been a persistent shortcoming year after year.

Reaction Score
Power play is abysmal. Prior to this weekend our 4 for 31 ranked 44th of 60 D1 teams at .129. Add 0 for 3 over the weekend reduces it to .1176. I love Cavanaugh, but this has been a persistent shortcoming year after year.
I am really tired of having an awful power play. Sometimes it feels like we would be better off telling the refs just skip it. We will play even. They don’t move the puck around. Don’t set up shots. Awful.

I think Cavanaugh is a really good recruiter. Good representative of the program. But I’ve never been sold on him either as a game day coach or strategist. In Hockey East you are up against the top of the profession.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Talent isn't there yet 1 through 20, but I feel like it keeps getting better. We need more scoring depth but if you want to be HE Champ/Frozen Four good, we will need an elite player or two. Haven't had that guy yet and likely won't for a few more years. Still like the trajectory Cav is on and don't think we've topped out yet.

Reaction Score
This may be the most competitive season since we joined HE. In my opinion, (alphabetically) BC, BU, Northeastern, Providence, UConn, UMass and UMass Lowell all have a shot at the HE final four in Boston. While I
lauded five of six points at Maine, and cringed over zero of six this weekend, we are still only three points from 1st place, but 2 points from 8th. Every single point is going to be crucial from here on out. Tied in regulation........OK, we get at least one, and maybe two.

Just stay out of the damn box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger