UConn (-12.5) | The Boneyard

UConn (-12.5)

Reaction Score
I’ll be happy if we lose a close one. A blow out twice just isn’t right.

Reaction Score
Feels a little like a setup game. Coming off a good, not great, win. Pretty big favorite at home. Quality mid-major opponent that plays zone. Lots of ingredients for one of those duds of a game by our guys. I’m buying in on this team. They are a lot more fun to watch. And a strong performance tonight will be another bit of evidence that this team is different than what we’ve seen that last few years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This game should be in Hartford, mid-week. I hope Gampel isn't too dead tonight.

Reaction Score
seems like it could be a trap game. Iona is a tough opponent. We can't afford to look ahead to Indiana

Reaction Score
Seems right. Not necessarily a cupcake. Maybe a bran muffin
Hilarious! That'll be my new term for games that are better than cupcakes, but not quality wins.

Iona is this year's bran muffin. 2nd team in a row that plays zone, but this team is much better than Maine and much more balanced and experienced team.

Some fun facts:

* Their 8-man rotation are all upper-classmen.
* 6'9 215 senior forward Tajuan Agee (17p, 9r, 2.5a, 2.3b) is their most productive player and will be a load to play against Josh Carlton.
* You know EJ Crawford (15.3p, 5.0r, 1.8a) will be fired up. Born in Hartford and a St. Thomas More Prep grad.
* Their starting PG, Asante Gist, is a St. Anthony's grad.
* Isaiah Washington got a waiver to play this year and is one of the two originators of "Jelly Fam".
* Iona shoots 29% from threes.

Reaction Score
EJ was the best high school player I ever played against (Kuran Iverson was more talented but didn't try hard in HS, Nate Laszewski on Avon was just bigger than everyone at the time). When EJ was on Simsbury he was pretty unguardable and a scoring machine. Him and CV are very good friends. They were at STM together. Will be a fun matchup hopefully full of friendly chirping.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see our bigs play well this game. These are the games that Akok/Whaley/Carlton need to step up and play well and get experience. I'm already confident enough in our guard play but not sold on the bigs.

Reaction Score
seems like it could be a trap game. Iona is a tough opponent. We can't afford to look ahead to Indiana
Don't see where all this "tough opponent" comes from, not from their record of 2-2 this year. Beat teams rated by Massey 297 and 350 (one of them by 5 points), and lost to couple of teams in low 100's. They are rated about where Sacred Heart and St. Joe's are. UConn should beat this team by a lot. If not, where is the consistent improvement since the St. Joe's game, can't be playing down to this level of opponent. This should be a cupcake game for any team with asperations to get to the Big Dance.
The Fruit beat a similarly rated Bucknell team by 50 before they lost their last 3 games to real teams. Give our next opponent something to worry about on game film.

Reaction Score
Hurley referred to Gampel as "litty" - players eating it up on instagram

Huskies by a billion

Reaction Score
Hopefully the boys show a killer mentality and have no mercy for a scrappy Iona team. Bury them early and don’t look back. That’s the type of attitude I want to see. Play each game as hard as you can.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
frown.jpg

Reaction Score
Don't see where all this "tough opponent" comes from, not from their record of 2-2 this year. Beat teams rated by Massey 297 and 350 (one of them by 5 points), and lost to couple of teams in low 100's. They are rated about where Sacred Heart and St. Joe's are. UConn should beat this team by a lot. If not, where is the consistent improvement since the St. Joe's game, can't be playing down to this level of opponent. This should be a cupcake game for any team with asperations to get to the Big Dance.
The Fruit beat a similarly rated Bucknell team by 50 before they lost their last 3 games to real teams. Give our next opponent something to worry about on game film.
no doubt we should beat them up, but they are basically a perennial tournament team and have some talented players. Buffalo-lite.

C

Chief00

EJ was the best high school player I ever played against (Kuran Iverson was more talented but didn't try hard in HS, Nate Laszewski on Avon was just bigger than everyone at the time). When EJ was on Simsbury he was pretty unguardable and a scoring machine. Him and CV are very good friends. They were at STM together. Will be a fun matchup hopefully full of friendly chirping.
LOL - whenever Chief sees your @Cuse Socks handle - it prompts Chief to say some things about Cuse from The Grind similar to what I got previously suspended for awhile ago. So I will use discretion this time and not go Brooklyn.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Now there's a false light claim in the making.
Always looking for that next ambulance to chase , eh, shark suit ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom