UConn - 11 v. Columbia | The Boneyard

UConn - 11 v. Columbia

Reaction Score
1 common opponent so far is Colgate who beat Columbia by 6.

Reaction Score
I actually see a big time bounce-back game coming for us. Think we cover this pretty safely if not blow them out. Back at Gampel, rested, and mad/embarrassed against what is a pretty darn bad Columbia team.

Reaction Score
I'm expecting big offensive performances from both Adams and Larrier, but what I would really love to see are dominating defensive performances to match.

Reaction Score
Mike Smith of Columbia is a great player. Surprised they are 1-4. Would hope we bounce back Big.

Reaction Score
Well, Villanova only beat them by just 15 a few weeks ago.....
So that means? They’re not 1-4? Not Ivy League? It is ok to lose to them? Columbia is a pretty bad team that we should beat easily. If we don’t it will be another sign that it’s time for a change.

Reaction Score
I would love to jump on this, however our inept shooting will make scoring against anyone on our schedule difficult.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The only time Lamb has ever smiled.

That roster was ridiculous.

Andre Drummond, Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright, Jeremy Lamb, Roscoe Smith, Alex Oriakhi, Deandre Daniels, Niels Giffey, etc., with Jim Calhoun at the helm. That team should have crushed a heck of a lot of teams that got in front of them.

And somehow, we lost to Rutgers and UCF. And somehow we lost 14 games and got bounced out in the first round of the tourney to Iowa State.

That team helps to remind me to have perspective on what happened this past weekend. That 2011-2012 had a bunch of talent but was pretty young. We had no seniors (that played) and one junior (Oriakhi). Everyone was still working on potential and many were new to each other. Let's kick Columbia in the unmentionables tonight and get working on our potential, too...

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Let’s just get a W and get back to winning ways heading into the weekend with a Pesky Monomouth team coming up Saturday

Reaction Score
That roster was ridiculous.

Andre Drummond, Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright, Jeremy Lamb, Roscoe Smith, Alex Oriakhi, Deandre Daniels, Niels Giffey, etc., with Jim Calhoun at the helm. That team should have crushed a heck of a lot of teams that got in front of them.

And somehow, we lost to Rutgers and UCF. And somehow we lost 14 games and got bounced out in the first round of the tourney to Iowa State.

That team helps to remind me to have perspective on what happened this past weekend. That 2011-2012 had a bunch of talent but was pretty young. We had no seniors (that played) and one junior (Oriakhi). Everyone was still working on potential and many were new to each other. Let's kick Columbia in the unmentionables tonight and get working on our potential, too...
They were talented, but young and not developed enough yet. They were among the worst in the country in defensive rebounding, 3 point shooting, free throw shooting, and creating turnovers on defense.
4339D8EE-2C26-4CED-B723-39382D5C56D3.jpeg

Reaction Score
Columbia plays zone.

We're going to need to make some 3's...

Reaction Score
A lot of confidence and optimism about "bouncing back" against Columbia ...granted we play who is in front of us, but to talk about it like its some signature moment... man, folks are desperate for any ray of sunshine. This should be a sacrificial lamb game.

Reaction Score
So that means? They’re not 1-4? Not Ivy League? It is ok to lose to them? Columbia is a pretty bad team that we should beat easily. If we don’t it will be another sign that it’s time for a change.
It means it might not be the blow out people expect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom