UConn @ #11 Maine Black Bears (Sunday 12/3/23 @ 5p @Alfond Arena). Game on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #11 Maine Black Bears (Sunday 12/3/23 @ 5p @Alfond Arena). Game on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I envy anyone with hope for this program setup anymore at this point. Truly, I do.

World’s out here, guys.

I’ll say something nice- Capone is finally putting it together a bit. Not getting penalties and contributing on offense. Hope it keeps up as we move into the second half which is all about the Hockey East Tournament and CT Ice. Because otherwise this season is six feet under. Done. Cooked.
I’ll always watch every game and follow the program. It’s my favorite team.

However, I am completely aware that with Cavanaugh in charge they will always be an average/below average Hockey East program and never reach the next level.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I want to believe!
Do The Work Fitness GIF by Peloton

Reaction Score
I understand your sentiment. It’s just difficult with what we have seen since Cavanaugh took over 11 seasons ago.

Look at Barr at Maine. A young coach who was the recruiting coordinator at UMass that won a national title and Hockey East. 3 seasons at Maine and boom. With an offensive group UConn has never come close to having.

Cavanaugh has been here 11 seasons. He’s not going to all of sudden take this program to another level. He is what he is.

They are losing close to 10 players, whether it be graduation or transfers, following this season. So the program is looking at a rebuilding season next season.

Reaction Score
I’ll always watch every game and follow the program. It’s my favorite team.

However, I am completely aware that with Cavanaugh in charge they will always be an average/below average Hockey East program and never reach the next level.
Sadly, I have come to the same conclusion. Here is a Maine team with no superstars or big NIL money and a coach who makes less than half of what the ridiculously overpaid Cavanaugh makes and they kick our ass! DB should be thinking of an exit strategy . We have reached this guy's ceiling...

Reaction Score
Sadly, I have come to the same conclusion. Here is a Maine team with no superstars or big NIL money and a coach who makes less than half of what the ridiculously overpaid Cavanaugh makes and they kick our ass! DB should be thinking of an exit strategy . We have reached this guy's ceiling...
B. Nadeau is a superstar. He’s an 18 year old 1st rounder and killing it

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Have a nice break y’all. See you on the other side.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Totally forgot about the game but it looks from the box score like our first rounder was a complete non factor.

Is it possible for hockey players to do what happens in college football where some team with a ton of talent lures him away with an NIL deal?

Reaction Score
I understand your sentiment. It’s just difficult with what we have seen since Cavanaugh took over 11 seasons ago.

Look at Barr at Maine. A young coach who was the recruiting coordinator at UMass that won a national title and Hockey East. 3 seasons at Maine and boom. With an offensive group UConn has never come close to having.

Cavanaugh has been here 11 seasons. He’s not going to all of sudden take this program to another level. He is what he is.

They are losing close to 10 players, whether it be graduation or transfers, following this season. So the program is looking at a rebuilding season next season.
Barr is a fantastic coach, he helped recruit the Union, Providence & UMass teams that all won national championships. He actually coaches and doesn't just stand on the bench clapping like our guy.

Reaction Score
Totally forgot about the game but it looks from the box score like our first rounder was a complete non factor.

Is it possible for hockey players to do what happens in college football where some team with a ton of talent lures him away with an NIL deal?
Yes

I recently asked the Bleeding Blue collective if they were involved with the hockey program. They said they were not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes

I recently asked the Bleeding Blue collective if they were involved with the hockey program. They said they were not.
Isn't the D'Amelio collective involved with Wood and Schandor?

Reaction Score
Isn't the D'Amelio collective involved with Wood and Schandor?
They have both posted on their insta accounts about being part of the collective and thanking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom