UConn -10.5 | The Boneyard

UConn -10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LJ Rose is out tonight, not sure if the oddsmakers are aware of that or not. Also, Wash was the first true road game.

Reaction Score
Wonder how many people will be there tonight- Houston averages just under 3,000 a game.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's almost straight out of Sagarin. ~12.5 predictor difference, minus a bit for a road game.

Reaction Score
Hartford played Washington as tough as we did almost……..10.5 is a lot for this team.

Weird schedule this year……9pm New years eve is a bit weird……at least now we start seeing games every 3-4 days…….here we go!

Reaction Score
Last year about this time, UConn beat Washington at home by 8 points, and they looked about the same as they do now.

The team really didn't start to improve play until the BE season started. Let's see if they can ramp up their game starting tonight. The first big BE victory was against DePaul a week or so into the New Year.

Reaction Score
Hartford played Washington as tough as we did almost……..10.5 is a lot for this team.

Weird schedule this year……9pm New years eve is a bit weird……at least now we start seeing games every 3-4 days…….here we go!

Them losing by 6 and UConn beating UW by double digits after leading by double digits throughout the 2nd half is not "almost as tough". Reading this board you would think this UConn team is a .500 squad.

Reaction Score
I have it at about 8-10 point game. If I was forced to take a side it would probably be Houston.

Washington to CT to Houston isn't the greatest travel schedule. Road game in an unfamiliar arena and against an unfamiliar opponent while playing in a stadium that since 2005 has had a higher homecourt advantage than the national average (more difficult for opposing teams to play in for some reason) and its new years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this be a 7 point game. Tough spot for UConn to get up for this game. Might be one of those games where they are just going through the motions.

Reaction Score
Them losing by 6 and UConn beating UW by double digits after leading by double digits throughout the 2nd half is not "almost as tough". Reading this board you would think this UConn team is a .500 squad.

Sure it is considering who we are and who they are not sure why you wouldn't understand that? But heck, I'm guessing UDub was a lot more pumped off for our Huskies rather than the Hawks coming in after break so that needs to be considered…….

I really don't see that many posts making it sound like the team is .500 but hey we all read things differently. I see a lot of people who understand this team needs to improve now as they start playing some real tough teams, teams where the mistakes needs to be cut to a minimum. Heck that's why they make it The Boneyard!

Reaction Score
All the signs of a trap. Late start, unfamiliar surroundings, no one in the stands, Houston down a player, I think we cover though. I'll lay the 9

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Good to know the spread to know what level of meltdown to expect around here if things don't go well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Last time we played on New Year's Eve, USF took us to overtime. Let's hope the focus is there.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Last time we played on New Year's Eve, USF took us to overtime. Let's hope the focus is there.
No, last time we played on New Year's Eve, we had a fairly easy win over St. John's in XL. But that is beside the point.

Reaction Score
No, last time we played on New Year's Eve, we had a fairly easy win over St. John's in XL. But that is beside the point.

That was a Noon start so technically, that wasn't New year's Eve. It was New year's Eve afternoon. ;)

We went through this earlier in the week.

Reaction Score

Weird schedule this year……9pm New years eve is weird……
You can tell Bristol you're pissed. Clearly an ESPN decision. They have 3 AAC games in a row tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom