UCONN #1 | The Boneyard

UCONN #1

Reaction Score
Screenshot (6).png

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised UConn is ranked #1, although that's not how I would have voted. I am surprised UConn got 26 of the 30 first place votes. It probably makes sense as So Carolina had 29 First place votes in last weeks poll.

Texas A&M jumped Stanford to move into 5th place.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised UConn is ranked #1, although that's not how I would have voted. I am surprised UConn got 26 of the 30 first place votes. It probably makes sense as So Carolina had 29 First place votes in last weeks poll.

Texas A&M jumped Stanford to move into 5th place.
Stanford actually is the one team that can beat us if we don’t become a little more cohesive. I do expect us to do so like most years. Imagine these freshman going for five titles to out do the Stewart years.

Reaction Score
1. Do we deserve to be #1?
2. Pros and Cons for the team to be #1.

Geno's last presser he quipped about a recent team, within the last couple of years, that managed to find themselves #1. (intimating that it was perhaps undeserved) Is Geno overly nostalgic towards his teams in the early oughts? I watched the first half of the 2000 game with Tennessee. They had Catchings and no one else. Score was in the low 20's. Great crowd though!

Reaction Score
The one team?
Well there is five or so that can beat us if we are off on that night, but if we play UConn basketball, then yes only Stanford I believe can match us. They are on ESPN 2 tonight against Oregon for those that haven’t watched them that much. I have the west coast pac ten channels and have seen them plenty. They don’t jump out at you, but they are talented and they play together. Us at our best and then at their best.....we win. It’s just we can’t be off against them or we probably come up short. But I believe that works the other way around also.

Reaction Score
I think it's wide open. Any one of six or seven teams could win the national championship.

Being ranked No. 1 is nice, but it doesn't warrant a banner in Gampel.

I think getting to the Final 4 would be a terrific achievement for this young team.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
FYI, with the #1 ranking today, UConn has now been ranked # 1 in at least one weekly poll in 22 of the past 28 seasons. That is a record that no other WBB team will ever match and only one team will ever be able to exceed.........?

Reaction Score
Am sorry but as much as I am a fan of this school and team I don't believe that they are the best team in the country. That has a lot to do with the teams that we play. The American the Big East there is no difference. Tough games against Tennessee and South Carolina. The team has been Saved by the Bell in Paige way to often. Under double digit scoring in various periods that's not good. However, I am happy for them and will give them my support.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The rest of the country was hoping UConn was another year away. Sorry, not sorry. I think this is LOL funny.
We might be still as far as an NC goes. Well see. One thing for sure, the quality at the top is much deeper than not many years ago. The difference between our Huskies this year and our past elite teams was we had a few years when a lot of games were over well before halftime. This team doesn’t jump all over teams out of the gate. In a way., that’s ok because it forces them to learn how to respond.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom