UConn -1 vs. Seton Hall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn -1 vs. Seton Hall

Reaction Score
The refs share some blame in the foul calls. But as a team were incredibly dumb on defense. We have a tendency of being over aggressive when it doesnt call for it. Like reaching in 45 feet from the basket is something we do religiously
The refs suck, but they’ve sucked all year, and we haven’t learned to adjust.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just need to limit the fouling. I know it’s been said for months on here but it’s getting to crunch time. Mostly the ticky tack fouls on the perimeter

So long as successful adjustments other troublesome items hold or grow from the gains displayed in recent games, this is the last puzzle piece. Included, is Danny's need to work the refs & players toward less imbalanced fouk counts.

Game 19 is pretty much this year's deadline for this kind of learning, because it's March 3rd.

Reaction Score
So long as successful adjustments other troublesome items hold or grow from the gains displayed in recent games, this is the last puzzle piece. Included, is Danny's need to work the refs & players toward less imbalanced fouk counts.

Game 19 is pretty much this year's deadline for this kind of learning, because it's March 3rd.
I don’t know if working the refs is the cure. We don’t drive a ton so we don’t get a lot of calls, that’s fair, but the fouls on defense are a lot of the time avoidable. Two easy ways to cut down are stop having the bigs other than Whaley hedge like crazy, and if a guy is 40 feet from the hoop, don’t be in his grill. Cole and AJax get a lot of little fouls by trying to guard the full length of the court.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don’t know if working the refs is the cure. We don’t drive a ton so we don’t get a lot of calls, that’s fair, but the fouls on defense are a lot of the time avoidable. Two easy ways to cut down are stop having the bigs other than Whaley hedge like crazy, and if a guy is 40 feet from the hoop, don’t be in his grill. Cole and AJax get a lot of little fouls by trying to guard the full length of the court.
Not at all the cure, or suggested as such, but offered instead as some of the coach's growing edge as things moves toward sustained unprecedented competition.

Head- and shoulder-butting opponents whose teams get to the 10-minute mark with 8-4 disparities, for example, offer clues that the other team my be better coached and supported in their use of contact.

The avoidance piece, no dispute.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Took the good guys +1.5 hope this isn’t anti-mojo

Reaction Score
If we win today we’re automatic, if we lose today we need to beat GTown to be on the bubble, beat GTown and win a game in the BET to be automatic?
First half yes, if we lose today we'd just need to beat Georgetown OR win a game in the BET to be safely in. Just my opinion of course

Reaction Score
Really want to win tonight. Georgetown looked very good against Xavier last night and has won 4 out of 5. Neither of these games look easy, so I’d rather not “need” the win against Georgetown.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of Jim Jackson. He doesn't do anything particularly note worthy. I guess I just like his style. Hopefully that doesn't sound like i have a big man-crush. It's not like that.
He was horrendous today, sounded like a guy who didn't do his homework and was just bluffing. The worst part came when he ignored Whaley's 2 blocks on Mamu and was wondering what happened when Whaley got blocked seconds later. Much mute for me.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
So much for point spread - it was pretty much 10+ for majority of the last third of game.

Reaction Score
He was horrendous today, sounded like a guy who didn't do his homework and was just bluffing. The worst part came when he ignored Whaley's 2 blocks on Mamu and was wondering what happened when Whaley got blocked seconds later. Much mute for me.
I didn't say he was good at his job

Reaction Score
Really dead energy for that telecast, I assume they weren't physically at the game. If they were even worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom