UConn’s Phil Nolan ready to charge into his senior season | The Boneyard

UConn’s Phil Nolan ready to charge into his senior season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“I’m not saying that I don’t want to play,” he said, “but anybody that knows me knows that I’m all for the team, what’s best for the team. Bringing in guys like that, it’s just Coach Ollie telling us to step up our game. We’ve got to get in the gym more, work out more. At the end of the day, it’s only gonna benefit us.”

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“I’m not saying that I don’t want to play,” he said, “but anybody that knows me knows that I’m all for the team, what’s best for the team. Bringing in guys like that, it’s just Coach Ollie telling us to step up our game. We’ve got to get in the gym more, work out more. At the end of the day, it’s only gonna benefit us.”

Consumate team player! Really wish him the best this season.

Loved this quote!

Of course, Trimble had already had some acquaintance with UConn basketball. Several years ago, he owned a restaurant in downtown Milwaukee called Swank, where Bucks players would often visit after games. Ray Allen was a frequent visitor and became friends with Trimble, and one day brought with him a new Bucks teammate named Kevin Ollie.

Trimble has learned that UConn basketball players, no matter the talent level, share a lifelong fraternity.

Reaction Score
Great article and really didn't know that story about Tokoto and his dad, cool stuff. Love to hear how he is trying to improve his physical tools and he knows what he has to do. But you have to love the fact he only cares about UConn and putting the best players on the court even if it means some loss of PT. Great kid, great teammate, great Husky family member, tough to use the words putrid or horrible I'd imagine with a guy like this.:confused:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Really like this kid and am rooting for him all the way. He and DBev are two of my all-time favorite Huskies who never took center stage. Two guys who were all about their team when they could have left for greener pastures, in terms of playing time and personal recognition. While I'm at it, I'll also add Omar Calhoun to that list.

Reaction Score
This.

He’s also shed some of the weight he put on last season — not all “good weight,” he reported — that hampered his athleticism on the floor.

The Boneyard goes crazy when a guy puts on weight in the off season. But maybe we shouldn't.

Reaction Score
Consumate team player! Really wish him the best this season.

Loved this quote!

Of course, Trimble had already had some acquaintance with UConn basketball. Several years ago, he owned a restaurant in downtown Milwaukee called Swank, where Bucks players would often visit after games. Ray Allen was a frequent visitor and became friends with Trimble, and one day brought with him a new Bucks teammate named Kevin Ollie.

Trimble has learned that UConn basketball players, no matter the talent level, share a lifelong fraternity.

More than several years ago;)

Reaction Score
This.

He’s also shed some of the weight he put on last season — not all “good weight,” he reported — that hampered his athleticism on the floor.

The Boneyard goes crazy when a guy puts on weight in the off season. But maybe we shouldn't.
I have said it time and again. No, it is not some common, easy thing for a young adult to just throw on 15-20 lbs of lean mass in a matter of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom