UConn’s offensive line was among worst in college football last season. Jim Mora is looking to reboot.(Aldam @ Hearst) | The Boneyard

UConn’s offensive line was among worst in college football last season. Jim Mora is looking to reboot.(Aldam @ Hearst)

Reaction Score
"The position requiring the most attention? The offensive line, the spot with perhaps the most problems throughout last year’s 1-11 season."

So true, how many times did we see certain OL ( 1 who transferred, :D ) completely miss their assignments over and over while opposing DL had free shots at the QB's, running for their life, as soon as the ball was snapped. Pocket passers like Z especially, and Steven K, were sitting ducks and didn't have a chance w/ Uconn's pedestrian offense under Guifre. Taking care of missed assignments alone should do wonders, if they can fix that along with the adding of mobile QB's and Charlton's multiple offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The team's offense will be as good as the OL. If this unit can somehow gel together, UConn can have one of the most improved offense in the country.

People that been around have seen enough horrible bad offenses over the years, it is time for a massive reset. Let's hope we have some talent on the OL this coming season.

Reaction Score
I still can't believe Frank Giufre was our OC for 2 years. Sheesh

and some people don't think Tyler Phommachanh is good enough to be a QB at this level, he figured out a way to move the ball working with garbage coaching. He might be QB savant like Cochran with running ability to boot. BTW Cochran was in year three when he finally blossomed and many questioned his arm strength too.

The Boneyard can be way to quick to make final judgements on developing talent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
and some people don't think Tyler Phommachanh is good enough to be a QB at this level, he figured out a way to move the ball working with garbage coaching. He might be QB savant like Cochran with running ability to boot. BTW Cochran was in year three when he finally blossomed and many questioned his arm strength too.

The Boneyard can be way to quick to make final judgements on developing talent.

He’s our fourth string QB right now.

You might want to sit this one out.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I love Mora's enthusiasm, but I will believe better OL play when I see it. I will bow down to Mora and Sammis if the OL makes reasonable progress this year and becomes a strength for the team in two or three years. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Reaction Score
So was Cochran in the 2012 QB competition. He was third string in the 2013 competition until he finally got a chance.

It would be more interesting useful to compare him when he is 100%. But right now we have three QBs that are 100% so it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Last year’s offensive line could’ve been significantly improved with an offense that wasn’t entirely vanilla and predictable for most of the year.

The influx of capable players this off-season is an added bonus up front.

Reaction Score
Even more baffling, you would figure an overpromoted OL coach as OC, would at least have a good OL. The fact his OL actually got worse is baffling.

Because he was overwhelmed being the OC. I blame Randy more than Giufre. He was practically set up to fail.

Reaction Score
This article makes me feel as good as any other. We have totally remade this OL in terms of leadership and depth. I feel like Shor may be our first off the bench as he recovers and acclimates. Haven't heard much about Barboza but was expecting him to be nipping from the 2 deep. Murawski is going to be solid for us down the line. We have some men in there and I doubt they're going to get pushed around much. This year that's not gonna fly.

Reaction Score
Last year’s offensive line could’ve been significantly improved with an offense that wasn’t entirely vanilla and predictable for most of the year.

The influx of capable players this off-season is an added bonus up front.
You have to be coached down to be that bad.

Reaction Score
The coaching was horrendous across the board, even after taking a whole year to practice and working on fundamentals. I can’t fathom what they were doing.

Reaction Score

Exactly. It wasn’t just that they were getting beaten physically, they never picked up pass rushers and the rarely had the right blocking scheme.

That’s why you have tacklers hitting the running back as he receives the ball.

Reaction Score
Exactly. It wasn’t just that they were getting beaten physically, they never picked up pass rushers and the rarely had the right blocking scheme.

That’s why you have tacklers hitting the running back as he receives the ball.
That falls on center if he is calling the wrong blocking scheme.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That falls on center if he is calling the wrong blocking scheme.

Sydney Walker, not to be confused with Yakiri Walker, was the worst D1 lineman I have ever seen play a snap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom