UConn’s Katie Lou Samuelson ready for leading role next season | The Boneyard

UConn’s Katie Lou Samuelson ready for leading role next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lou

“I definitely feel a big difference mentally and physically, this offseason I’ve done a lot to get stronger in a lot of different areas,” Samuelson said. “I don’t let things rattle me. I’m trying to be a leader, and anything the coaches ask me to do, I’m going to try to do it.”

Reaction Score
Lou

“I definitely feel a big difference mentally and physically, this offseason I’ve done a lot to get stronger in a lot of different areas,” Samuelson said. “I don’t let things rattle me. I’m trying to be a leader, and anything the coaches ask me to do, I’m going to try to do it.”
Sometimes it takes a while to get it,,,BUT,,,when they get it, they are UNSTOPTABLE.........GO LOU

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Lou

She now sounds like a real Badass.;):)

Reaction Score
Sometimes, when you are in the presence of 3 giants, you stay in the shadows. When the giants move on, folks like Katy Lou, Collier, Williams, et al., begin to shine and emerge as leaders from the potential that they have. I have an intuitive feeling that Crystal Dangerfield has the chutzpah to jump into the dynamic sooner than you think.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, when you are in the presence of 3 giants, you stay in the shadows. When the giants move on, folks like Katy Lou, Collier, Williams, et al., begin to shine and emerge as leaders from the potential that they have. I have an intuitive feeling that Crystal Dangerfield has the chutzpah to jump into the dynamic sooner than you think.
You really think Crystal Dangerfield is going to be better than Mo? Not even Mo started as a freshman.

Reaction Score
It's going to be a fascinating season, with lots of likable characters and interesting story lines. I think we are going to enjoy each success a bit more richly because less will be taken for granted. I wonder this: Has any team ever lost such a combination of skill, experience, leadership and cohesion to graduation? This years Husky team will be a very capable bunch; will they be dealing with an unprecedented challenge?

Reaction Score
We had Caroline and Bria. Mo didn't need to start, plus she was a little out of control. Many of us think that Crystal Dangerfield is the best option at PG.
What about the senior Chong?

Reaction Score
image.jpeg
Lou

Reaction Score
It's going to be a fascinating season, with lots of likable characters and interesting story lines. I think we are going to enjoy each success a bit more richly because less will be taken for granted. I wonder this: Has any team ever lost such a combination of skill, experience, leadership and cohesion to graduation? This years Husky team will be a very capable bunch; will they be dealing with an unprecedented challenge?
The 2002 UCONN team lost the #1, 2, 4 and 6 WNBA draft picks. The following year's team didn't do all that badly, winning the NC again. That is my expectation for this year's team as well.

Reaction Score
The 2002 UCONN team lost the #1, 2, 4 and 6 WNBA draft picks. The following year's team didn't do all that badly, winning the NC again. That is my expectation for this year's team as well.
I think they also brought in the #1 recruiting class which gave them some very needed pieces on the chess-board.

Reaction Score

If we are still in the mix when the final 4+ comes around, the coaching staff deserves to win coach(es)-of-the-year honor (as Muffet did a couple years ago).

Reaction Score
I know KLS is not Stewie. I just hope she can be Stewie like. All the girls this year are going to be thrown into the fire next season. Very hard out of conference schedule will season them very quickly. I can not wait to see the difference in them from game one until the end of the season. Going to be a fun year.

Reaction Score
Help me remember...was Dee one of those who graduated in 2002? :)

Reaction Score
I think Saniya is better at the SG slot. To me, Kia is at least as good as the PG.
I have been watching some of the replays of the 2015-16 and 2014-15 seasons and one thing I was struck by was Saniya's play was much better her Sophmore year than her Junior year. It is obvious that the IT Band injury had a very significant impact on her play last year. Also, her play her Sophmore year showcased some very good PG skills. I'm hoping Saniya can shake off her injury and have a terrific senior year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It would astound me if Crystal Dangerfield started at point. It will be Kia and Crystal Dangerfield will come in and change the pace of the game, much as Moriah did her freshman year. Geno loves subs who come in and speed up the pace of the game.

FWIW, as much as KLS will likely make a huge jump this year, look for Kia to do so as well. The big 3 aren't there anymore and the next generation of leaders will need to step up. KLS and Kia are the natural candidates.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Agreed that KLS and Kia will make great strides next year. The entire group has the determination and work ethic necessary to step up. They don't seem like the type that will shy away from it, in fact just the opposite. They will also be their own support system for each other, a very tight knit group by all appearances and accounts.

Reaction Score
Its amazing how everyone forgets about Kia Nurse when it comes to playing the PG. Remember Kia , and Morgan went into the starting lineup after the Stanford loss, and Uconn has won 75 games in a row.
No one has forgotten Kia. She is a starter, so there's nothing to discuss. In fact, I see Kia and Gabby as the leaders of the team this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have been watching some of the replays of the 2015-16 and 2014-15 seasons and one thing I was struck by was Saniya's play was much better her Sophmore year than her Junior year. It is obvious that the IT Band injury had a very significant impact on her play last year. Also, her play her Sophmore year showcased some very good PG skills. I'm hoping Saniya can shake off her injury and have a terrific senior year.
I hope so too. I didn't see much in the way of PG skills last season from Saniya. It could have been injury or lack of confidence. I definitely think she has a role, though I see it more as a SG.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know KLS is not Stewie. I just hope she can be Stewie like. All the girls this year are going to be thrown into the fire next season. Very hard out of conference schedule will season them very quickly. I can not wait to see the difference in them from game one until the end of the season. Going to be a fun year.
Lou got to see Stewie up close and personal, which showed her what is needed. She doesn't have Stewie's length, but I still think that Lou has NPOY and Olympic potential. I expect her to be really, really good next season.

Reaction Score
Lou

I have every belief, after seeing what she does other than shoot the 3, that Katie Lou shall be all she can be, because she is one of the Few, that has the talent, size, and hopefully drive to step into some very big shoes.
I'm sure Geno said this but---DON't try to lead---LEAD!! Don't acquiesce to Juniors or Senior--age does not make a leader--if that were true --I'd rule the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom