UConn’s Jeffreys looks the part in switch from QB to wide receiver (Keefe @ The Day) | The Boneyard

UConn’s Jeffreys looks the part in switch from QB to wide receiver (Keefe @ The Day)

Reaction Score

>>Recruited as a receiver, Jeffreys certainly looked the part in Saturday's 48-22 loss to South Florida at Rentschler Field. In the second quarter, he caught a short screen pass, followed his blockers down field and shed a defender near the 10-yard line before reaching the end zone.

His 25-yard touchdown reception was also his first career catch."It was definitely a surreal moment for that to be my first reception and for it to be able to go for a touchdown," Jeffreys said. "It felt very good. I have a lot of confidence going forward."

Jeffreys, a 6-foot-4, 207-pound redshirt freshman, is one of four receivers with a touchdown reception this season for the Huskies. The other three — freshman Cam Ross, graduate transfer Ardell Brown and freshman Matt Drayton — are newcomers. True and redshirt freshmen have accounted for 79 percent of UConn's offense.<<

>>His quarterback days are behind him. "I liked playing quarterback in high school," he said. "I'm not going to lie, I miss it, at the high school level, though. In college, I'd rather play receiver than quarterback. I wanted to catch the ball, run, score touchdowns and things like that."<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom