UConn’s Clingan shining positive light on his hometown of Bristol (G. Keefe) | The Boneyard

UConn’s Clingan shining positive light on his hometown of Bristol (G. Keefe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Assistance <<

-> It is important to Clingan to show his appreciation to the community.

“I just want to give back to the city of Bristol and just show them that I appreciate their support and just thank them for everything,” Clingan said. “Just give them a chance to be able to see me and say hi. Just to see the smile on some of these kids’ faces means a lot to me.

“Bristol means a lot to me. I’ve grown up here and I’ve stayed loyal and played in public school here in Bristol and they’ve always shown support for me.” <-

Reaction Score
He's just a kid but he clearly gets it. National attention will only increase but I hope he stays humble and appreciative.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Donovan reminds me of one of my old time home town favorites- Calvin Murphy. Growing up I would listen to Norwalk High games on the radio ( I eventually went to McMahon) and begged my parents to take us to Niagra games when they were close. He repped Norwalk well just like DC

Reaction Score
Donovan reminds me of one of my old time home town favorites- Calvin Murphy. Growing up I would listen to Norwalk High games on the radio ( I eventually went to McMahon) and begged my parents to take us to Niagra games when they were close. He repped Norwalk well just like DC
Boy would he fit into todays NBA game. He could shoot it from deep and more importantly get his shot off in a “phone booth “.

For those unfamiliar with the analogy
A Phone Booth is a partly enclosed area where there is a public phone, in a public building or on the street
b. In basketball : the ability to create your own shot with minimal distance between the shooter and defender .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom