UCMB flying to bowl game | The Boneyard

UCMB flying to bowl game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm assuming this stands for Marching Band? That will be great to have some school spirit and more fans in attendance.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm assuming this stands for Marching Band? That will be great to have some school spirit and more fans in attendance.
Yeah they were originally supposed to drive down by bus but the university got them to fly down. I know bus rides can be fun, have some great memories of our ride to Hofstra in '99, but driving to Florida probably wouldn't be as fun!

Glad to see they got a flight down.

Reaction Score
Yeah they were originally supposed to drive down by bus but the university got them to fly down. I know bus rides can be fun, have some great memories of our ride to Hofstra in '99, but driving to Florida probably wouldn't be as fun!

It's cool to see the University thinks the support is necessary. I hope it can help give Uconn the edge!

Reaction Score

I wish they flew us for the Motor City Bowl in 2004. The bus ride was fun but we literally hit a blizzard in Ohio, so it talk almost an entire day to get there. Fortunately we had about 20 movies for the ride. But flying woukd have made the next day a lot less exhausting for us during practice. This will only help the band stay fresh and loud during the game which they are always the loudest group there.

Reaction Score
I wish they flew us for the Motor City Bowl in 2004.

That game was a turning point for the marching band. While the band sounded great it looked like a rag tag outfit. When we returned I sent a letter with a picture of our mismatched sousaphones to Pres. Austin, Jeff Hathaway and David Mills. Among the mostly silver plated ones were some white and some gold. Happily the administrators responded and agreed that we needed to match the silver. We raised a bunch of money and the UConn foundation helped out. $100,000 was raised to purchase the silver replacements resulting in the 21 matching sousaphones you now see today!

Reaction Score

My daughter bussed it down to Papa John's and out to Michigan and Notre Dame. Fun for the first few hours, then it's just trying to sleep and not feeling awful.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Every time I see UCMB, my mind scrambles it to UMBC. I guess I'm used to seeing Maryland Baltimore County more than UC Marching Band.

Reaction Score
Every time I see UCMB, my mind scrambles it to UMBC. I guess I'm used to seeing Maryland Baltimore County more than UC Marching Band.
Ay first I scrambled it like that too but then I got it right, so I thoght. UCMB = U.C. Men's basketball. It took a couple min to figure out that the basketball team did not need TWO CHARTER Flights..LOL Finally got it when someone else mentioned the band..

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My daughter bussed it down to Papa John's and out to Michigan and Notre Dame. Fun for the first few hours, then it's just trying to sleep and not feeling awful.
I did the road trip to Panama City while in school. Definitely true that the first few hours are fun and the rest is hopefully spent sleeping. I took an RV to Detroit for the MCB and have to say that it makes a huge difference when you are comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom