UCLA vs Mississippi St - 3/25/18 | The Boneyard

UCLA vs Mississippi St - 3/25/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that someone takes care of UConn's "lite work". Enter UCLA. I'm pulling big time for UCLA to knock off MS. I think they can do it. There are those fans that would like to see UConn and MS face off again for the NC, with UConn winning, and knocking off the team that sent them home. How satisfying would that be? A UCLA win would not be THE upset of the tournament, but it would be close, and a Bruin win would put a smile on a lot of Husky fan's faces.......including mine. :) Go Bruins!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
uclamissstlast5.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was actually very impressed with how UCLA played against Texas. While MSU is a better coached team, SC showed how MSU can be beat. UCLA has both an inside presence and a dynamic point guard. MSU does not have the lock down defender nor defensive presence they had last year and given how much mobility Billings has, she will cause McCowan problems. Then again, UCLA has underachieved when expected to elevate their game. Today, however, I am a believer in Coach Cori Close’s ability to put UCLA over the top and earn a FF birth.

Reaction Score
I'm pulling big time for UCLA to knock off MS. I think they can do it. :) Go Bruins!

I voted because I believe MS will win the game. And I would love to see the revenge game with MS/UCONN. But I would also love to see the Bruins win and knock MS down a peg, and they could with the right game. The shock to MS would be sufficient revenge to heal the wounds, for me, of last year. So I am actually with you on this! :rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
I was actually very impressed with how UCLA played against Texas. While MSU is a better coached team, SC showed how MSU can be beat. UCLA has both an inside presence and a dynamic point guard. MSU does not have the lock down defender nor defensive presence they had last year and given how much mobility Billings has, she will cause McCowan problems. Then again, UCLA has underachieved when expected to elevate their game. Today, however, I am a believer in Coach Cori Close’s ability to put UCLA over the top and earn a FF birth.
While I do think Vic's team is going to get the win tonight, it should be a closer game than the one this afternoon. If Mississippi State makes it through, their semi-final game against Louisville has all the makings of a classic, and may well be the game of the tournament. I'm still predicting a UConn-Louisville final.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think this game will be as close as the pundits are calling it. Miss St by 16+ True, it is influenced by my thirst for revenge.

Lambjr

Lurker since 1995
Reaction Score
I’m looking forward to a good game through 3 qtrs. Then Miss St pulls away. I’m guessing a 10-15 point margin of victory. Would like to see UCLA pull the upset. I’ll be rooting for them. Maybe if UCLA wins we won’t have to see that clip of the UConn loss last year anymore.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
UCLA looked great against Texas Friday Night. We will have our worked cut out for us. They are very fast and athletic.
Look for a high scoring game.
Our play has been understated and offense has been as well these first three games.
Hopefully we will get our shooting touch back from the outside today.
Let’s Go Dawgs!!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am very interested in the Billings/McCowan and Canada/William match ups. I have only seen MSU play a couple of times this year and I am curious to see if McCowan can play against Billings for the entire game. In one of the MSU games I watched, McCowan seemed to disappear at times. However, her previous game demonstrated how well she plays when she is present!
Also, I am curious to see if William can defend Canada and vice versa. The speed that Canada plays at is kinda unreal and I am wondering if William can keep up. On the other hand, I am interested in seeing if Canada can defend William's ability to elevate for her jumper. I think that is something that most of her defenders cannot adjust to.

Carnac

Reaction Score
MSU seems to have gotten their mojo back; I don't think UCLA will win, but it will be close.

MS will probably win, BUT................................this time of the year, anything can happen. Maybe McCowan will pick up two quick fouls in the first quarter, and have to sit the rest of the half. Take her out of the game, MS game plans change. Schaefer will have to resort to plan B. I look for a good game tonight. I was very disappointed with the effort Oregon State gave this morning. I don't think UCLA will take the floor tonight with the idea of just keeping it close. Hopefully they've made plans for next week that include visiting the sights and sounds of Columbus. Go Bruins. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
While I do think Vic's team is going to get the win tonight, it should be a closer game than the one this afternoon. If Mississippi State makes it through, their semi-final game against Louisville has all the makings of a classic, and may well be the game of the tournament. I'm still predicting a UConn-Louisville final.

I like any finals prediction that includes UConn. ;)

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

Again with this myth. UConn and MSU are the two best defensive teams remaining in this tourney. Look at the scores shown in the last 5 for each team. Most given up was 62 in our one loss.

UCLA may score a lot of points and win, but thinking MSU is down defensively this year is just a mistake.

Excited about this game. Should be a great one and a real battle of two good PGs for State and Canada. McCowan must stay out of foul trouble. If she does that and MSU shoots a similar percentage to their SEC averages, I see a win. Anything could happen if not.

Reaction Score
Bad news for ratings: not only 60 minutes, but now OT in the Kansas-Duke mens game

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I don't think this game will be as close as the pundits are calling it. Miss St by 16+ True, it is influenced by my thirst for revenge.
Never let logic interfere with passion! I love it. I battled that feeling as well but I was so impressed how SC dismantled MSU in the SEC title game, I think Billings and Canada have better help on their team than McCowan and Vivians.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Decisions, decisions, decisions...WBB or SEC Softball (Florida vs. A&M). Hmm.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I don't like to speculate about potential opponents. Just get thru SCar. Enjoy the game at hand for itself.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Sad to see so many empty seats for such a good game

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I hate to say this but I want to see Jordin Canada take Morgan’s lunch money tonight...

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Unlike some other games I've seen Miss State has been racking up the points quickly. Nice opening quarter for them.

Reaction Score
SC gave everyone the blueprint on beat Miss St. but I guess everyone wants to do it their way. *shrugs*

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom