UCLA @ USC | The Boneyard

UCLA @ USC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
on Pac12 Network.

Two unranked teams but a chance to see if the hard UCLA schedule is gonna pay off in conference play.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
UCLA on top early 14-11 with 10 minutes in the first.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
and they are still talking about the Stanford win over UCONN.....

Announcers have mentioned twice and we arent at halftime yet. Geez

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
UCLA is gonna come a way with the victory.

Good way for the Baby Bruins to start PAC12 play led by Recee Caldwell.

UCLA 59 USC 52

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Completely forgot about Jordan Adams at USC.

Wasn't she highly ranked coming out of high school? Has she been injury plagued?

And Kanesha Horn. I am thinking both of those were ranked pretty high coming into college. Not sure though.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Wasn't she highly ranked coming out of high school? Has she been injury plagued?

And Kanesha Horn. I am thinking both of those were ranked pretty high coming into college. Not sure though.

Both Adams and Horn have recovered from knee injuries since HS. Both had Red Shirt years in college. Horn looks so much smoother this year, on the court than last year, her first in from Alabama. Adams was playing good as a pg, so far this year, but her shot has not been there.
Both players, IMO, do not like the coach(nor do I).
After seeing last nights game, where USC had 9 days to get rest up and work on a game plan to defeat their crosstown rival, I couldnt believe that USC came out and basically did nothing. USC shot poorly in both halves, 31.4% followed by 34.4% in the 2nd half. They did nothing to pressure a UCLA team, who played two days earlier against Notre Dame, and who utilizes two freshmen as the pg's for the team, Canada and Caldwell. This was a perfect time to force UCLA into mistakes, like USC did in last years Pac12 championship game against Oregon State.
How many teams can hold their opponent to 8 for 29 shooting(27.6%) shooting in the second half and still lose? A team that has a coach that screams and yells and holds grudges against players, and can't, or won't, adjust when things arent going well.
I gave Coach Cooper-Dyke the benefit of the doubt last year, despite her track record at much lower level D1 schools.
IMO since the events of this past summer, USC would have done much better had they hired the Princeton coach, than CCD.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Also Alexys Voaletama, or however you spell her name - she was a top 20 or so kid coming out of HS...

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Also Alexys Voaletama, or however you spell her name - she was a top 20 or so kid coming out of HS...
Alexyz Vaioletama's, aka as "X" to her teammates and fans, has played well for USC. Not a monster scorer or game changer put as a solid player and rebounder. Her problem this year has been that she has got 2 quick fouls in the first half of almost every game. Thus she has sat for a lot of time, and USC needs her rebounds and leadership on the court, not watching.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if USC coach Cooper is around much longer. I heard that another player is gone from the team. She supposedly quit. She was a solid player and well liked by fans and teammates.
Lets see what develops. Next game is Saturday.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just goes to show that getting a big name for the team is not always a good thing. How many coaches has USC had in the past 10 years? Trakh lasted 4 or 5 years or so... Same for Michael Cooper, now the new Cooper only in her first year - not a good sign for them. Need to take a page out of UCLA's handbook - Close is doing really well there so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom