UCLA postgame | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UCLA postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We let them take control early and they never gave us a chance to make it much of a game after. We didn’t lose by much thanks to Paige shooting hot from outside but I don’t think the score tells how bad we really lost.

These are more of the games I want to see from Paige(minus the sub 40% shooting). Get to 6-8 three attempts a game. Get to the line 7 plus times. Look for your shot. Now that’s not to say it was all good. Her paltry defense in the first quarter is a big part of why we were losing in the first place. She forced a ton of shots trying to draw contact which forced her overall floor percentage down even though she was lights out from three. Could pick some better opportunities. Also you can’t wait till the game is out of hand to start playing this way. It’s got to be from the jump.

The rest of the starters were fine. They all chipped in certain ways but The offense just isn’t firing. And honestly it hasn’t been for the past several seasons. How much of that is injury I’m not sure. Bad play early leads to bad play throughout the game. 9 assists just screams lack of cohesion. No one was creating opportunities for easy looks.

Still not worried but the preseason hype was real. Looking forward to tonight

Reaction Score
From what I have read of your only critical posts to date, you don't seem to grasp the situation and circumstances regarding Ducharme at all. In short for your education, her hip surgery caused recovery problems through most of at least the first third of last season, then the neck stiffness, then the numerous hits to the head putting her into concussion protocol and the aftermath from that has been devastating. Through it all she was still able to win at least one game pretty much single-handedly, and she played pretty well considering what she's gone through. So Caroline's recovery has been much more than just a surgery. Welcome to the BoneYard! Please do your homework before talking about things you apparently know nothing about.

As to your ridiculous question, there is nothing about this game I don't understand!

Amari has been left on the end bench by arguably the best coach in women's college basketball for 2+ years. Some of you think just because she's 6'6 she deserves playing time. That's your opinion and you have a right to it. But you don't coach this team and never will. Geno gave her nine (9) minutes because he was forced to do so. She did very little with them. Of course I didn't expect her to be a world beater, although that would have been nice. We need a miracle worker who can score, rebound, make assists, not turn the ball over, block shots and defend the rim like crazy. Did you see any of that? Did I expect that from her, absolutely not but some of you do. She has been practicing her craft everyday for very many years. It's not like playing the game of basketball is something new to her. Yes, she had some type of surgery in the off season. To my knowledge we don't know too much about it. However, I didn't notice any difference in her. If she wants more minutes, she must become an animal out there when given the opportunity. Just fitting in isn't going to get the job done.

And, if I have left any question about it, I love Amari. She seems like a wonderful young lady and a great teammate. Heretofore, quite honestly, she has seemed satisfied with that.
Amari, who's played limited minutes came in and gave us good minutes.
Kara Wolters, Rebecca Lobo, Ashja Jones, Kelly Schumaker, Jess Moore, Tina Charles, and more say “wut?”
That's a great fall back in this discussion. Need you to bring that to more current times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom