UCLA @ Oregon - 2/19/18 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UCLA @ Oregon - 2/19/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oregon all alone in first place, Stanford 1 game back and Oregon St. is now tied w/ UCLA for third, 2 games back of the leader
The reason I pay little heed to conference standings in a conference with unbalanced scheduling:

UCLA has had to play both Stanford and the Oregon schools twice each. But Stanford and the Oregon schools don't play each other twice.

Oregon deserves to be the conference leader, but UCLA wouldn't have four losses if their schedule was equal to Stanford's and the Oregons'.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The reason I pay little heed to conference standings in a conference with unbalanced scheduling:

UCLA has had to play both Stanford and the Oregon schools twice each. But Stanford and the Oregon schools don't play each other twice.

Oregon deserves to be the conference leader, but UCLA wouldn't have four losses if their schedule was equal to Stanford's and the Oregons'.

True. Applies to many conferences. No way around it with any league w/ more than 10 members. Unless you want to significantly cut into number of OOC games you can play and have 20 or more conference games.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What did Oregon have against guarding Canada during the UCLA comeback? Hebard and McGuire set moving screens throughout the second half and most were not called.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Best game I’ve seen this year. Canada and Billings were great. UCLA coach should have given Onyenwere more of Drummond and Hayes minutes.
Who is that Dean kid? She played a whale of a game.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Who is that Dean kid? She played a whale of a game.

Transfer, I think from Texas Tech, became eligible at mid season. She's had some good games for them.

Reaction Score
What a game. Of all the teams I saw during that triple header, these two, and in particular Oregon, looked the best to me. Now perhaps that's because it was raining threes and your post player just made 33 consecutive shots! Isn't Hebard just a gem, she was making good things happen all over the floor last night night.

But to be honest, none of these teams really scare me all that much, including Baylor. That's primarily because none of them play defense the way the Huskies do, and none of them get to face an opponent that does. Right now I'd say the biggest threat continues to be the one that beat us last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a game. Of all the teams I saw during that triple header, these two, and in particular Oregon, looked the best to me. Now perhaps that's because it was raining threes and your post player just made 33 consecutive shots! Isn't Hebard just a gem, she was making good things happen all over the floor last 'night night.

But to be honest, none of these teams really scare me all that much, including Baylor. That's primarily because none of them play defense the way the Huskies do, and none of them get to face an opponent that does. Right now I'd say the biggest threat continues to be the one that beat us last year.
I agree with you that Oregon looked the best of all the teams, but I was also impressed by Duke in their game. Duke has a great backcourt, and a couple of lanky 6'+ players that have game. Not particularly impressed with Texas or Florida State. Baylor is going to be a tough out with their two (2) agile BIGs, but as soon as Baylor plays a top notch defensive team in the NCAA Tournament, it will be their 1st time this season, and that has done Baylor in multiple NCAA Tournaments. UCLA is going to be a very tough out in the NCAA. They have game, and two fantastic seniors (Canada & Billings). When they turn on the defensive pressure, they are very good. BTW, as a PAC12 Homer, there are other solid PAC12 teams that are going to make some noise--mock my words!

Reaction Score
I agree with you that Oregon looked the best of all the teams, but I was also impressed by Duke in their game. Duke has a great backcourt, and a couple of lanky 6'+ players that have game. Not particularly impressed with Texas or Florida State. Baylor is going to be a tough out with their two (2) agile BIGs, but as soon as Baylor plays a top notch defensive team in the NCAA Tournament, it will be their 1st time this season, and that has done Baylor in multiple NCAA Tournaments. UCLA is going to be a very tough out in the NCAA. They have game, and two fantastic seniors (Canada & Billings). When they turn on the defensive pressure, they are very good. BTW, as a PAC12 Homer, there are other solid PAC12 teams that are going to make some noise--mock my words!
Duke was impressive yesterday but they are so inconsistent. They picked a good time to play their best game of the year. Good to see since they've been hit hard with injuries. Lexie and Rebecca rarely play this well together though but they showed their capable of making some noise in the ACC tourney.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom