UCLA no longer recruiting Josh Perkins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCLA no longer recruiting Josh Perkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat will not be the first or last to leave early and get a second round draft or not picked at all. Either way he can go to Europe and earn cash a year earlier rather than return to a young and unproven team in 2014.

Superjohn is right except for the slim part. Slim walked out the door...this will be his final year in Storrs

Reaction Score
It's hard to get a total feeling of a player's game just from video but Snider reminds me of Shane Larkin.

Reaction Score
It's hard to get a total feeling of a player's game just from video but Snider reminds me of Shane Larkin.

I like that comparisons. Think Larkin might be more explosive, although I would of never guessed he had a 45 inch vertical from watching him play. Ill throw out Quinn Cook for a comparison.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
larkin was beast last year, if we got snider and he was anything close to larkin i would be so happy

Reaction Score
Boat will not be the first or last to leave early and get a second round draft or not picked at all. Either way he can go to Europe and earn cash a year earlier rather than return to a young and unproven team in 2014.

Superjohn is right except for the slim part. Slim walked out the door...this will be his final year in Storrs

We wouldn't be that young or unproven, depending on what Daniels does. We lose Bazz, but Purvis slides into that backcourt spot. We lose Giffey, but add Hamilton, so we do get younger there but probably don't have much of a talent dropoff. If Boat can benefit from a year of being the PG exclusively, with talent around him, he'd have plenty of incentive to come back to prove he has an NBA position.

But he has to see it that way, of course. If his heart is on gettin' outta Dodge, regardless of whether it is in Miami or Minsk, then he's gone. Can't pretend to have inside knowledge.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think if we get Abu and a good point guard recruit (Snider, McLaughlin, etc) then I think we will be better in 2014 than in 2013.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I think if we get Abu and a good point guard recruit (Snider, McLaughlin, etc) then I think we will be better in 2014 than in 2013.

Love the optimism but I think you're sleeping on a senior year with Shabazz and over-rating freshman impact. I would say only Khalid really emerged as a star in his freshman season (Nadav too, but he was like 21 years old at the time). Caron, Rudy Gay and Drummond showed glimpses but overall were inconsistent. Ray and Rip played well, but deferred to Donyell and Kirk King/Ricky Moore (until they were suspended). They averaged 13 and 16ppg respectively.

Most players make the biggest leap, skill wise, from sophomore to junior season. I'm expecting big things from Ryan and DeAndre this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom