UCLA no longer recruiting Josh Perkins | The Boneyard

UCLA no longer recruiting Josh Perkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Perkins thinks Mark Few is the best coach for his development, well then I just feel badly for him.

Reaction Score
doesn't seem strange to me, the schools recruiting him have probably been made aware he's going to Gonzaga and both parties have moved on. it probably explains the tweets during the Vegas AAU run that Few was the last coach watching Perkins all by him himself.

Reaction Score
Red Flag Alert.... Ding, Ding, Ding...

"Not Enough Touches", "I ain't nobody's back up plan", "Kentucky is a favorite, though they've not offered", "Can't schedule a visit, even though I say I want to visit"... Drama!

Reaction Score
Red Flag Alert.... Ding, Ding, Ding...

"Not Enough Touches", "I ain't nobody's back up plan", "Kentucky is a favorite, though they've not offered", "Can't schedule a visit, even though I say I want to visit"... Drama!
Kid was begging for a Kentucky offer, not a good look.

Reaction Score
Kid was begging for a Kentucky offer, not a good look.

Exactly!!! He knows KenSucky is One & Done U... Then when UK was watching this summer, when not playing well, he got hurt? Coincidence? The thing I don't get is Duke had T.Jones as their #1 priority, but Perkins said he's not a back up option. UK has T.Jones & E.Mudiay both as option #1a & 1b, but Perkins is ok with that & said he could play with both.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to bash a kid for picking Gonzaga. Few has done a heck of a job.

However If i'm an elite PG i much rather play for Kevin Ollie. I will be shocked if Ollie doesnt get an elite PG in the 2014 class.

Reaction Score

However If i'm an elite PG i much rather play for Kevin Ollie. I will be shocked if Ollie doesnt get an elite PG in the 2014 class.

There's also the chance we can make a move for a 2015 PG (we're looking at you, Dorsey) and have Boatright back to play his senior year with Purvis. I'd prefer not to risk that and get a quality guy now, but there's less of a feeling of desperation in our PG search than there was when we signed Taliek for example (when Khalid was in his last year). If we don't get a 2014, we could still be ok.

Reaction Score

Well his last chance now is to get snider

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm not a snider fan, no matter how high he's ranked

Me either for some reason. I have time to be convinced though.

Perkins still said he's considering UConn without a visit right?

Reaction Score
I certainly wouldn't say slim and none. At this stage - whether you think he has an inflated self-opinion or not - he's an undersized two in a deep, loaded draft. Even my absolute best case scenario for him, if I had to guess, would be early second round (worst case is not drafted at all). Nate Robinson - who is probably Boat's ceiling - had to wait a long time in free agency before landing this year.

Unless, of course, he simply hates having to go to classes he doesn't care about and just wants to start making money - then he may be willing to roll the dice with trying to make it on a non-guaranteed contract or playing overseas. Then it may be a done deal already.

From our perspective, we probably would be better off with him playing well enough this year to feel comfortable with his draft potential. A struggling Boat who has to come back means we're a weapon short this year. And it would be nice to have a full arsenal for Bazz's last go-round.

D

Deleted member 3149

Quentin Snider is a junior Jerryd Bayless. Yes, we want him.

Reaction Score
I certainly wouldn't say slim and none. At this stage - whether you think he has an inflated self-opinion or not - he's an undersized two in a deep, loaded draft. Even my absolute best case scenario for him, if I had to guess, would be early second round (worst case is not drafted at all). Nate Robinson - who is probably Boat's ceiling - had to wait a long time in free agency before landing this year.

Unless, of course, he simply hates having to go to classes he doesn't care about and just wants to start making money - then he may be willing to roll the dice with trying to make it on a non-guaranteed contract or playing overseas. Then it may be a done deal already.

From our perspective, we probably would be better off with him playing well enough this year to feel comfortable with his draft potential. A struggling Boat who has to come back means we're a weapon short this year. And it would be nice to have a full arsenal for Bazz's last go-round.
Not sure about your Nate Robinson comparison, Nate was around the 20th pick in the draft if my memory serves me and has been in the NBA for a long time.

Reaction Score
Not sure about your Nate Robinson comparison, Nate was around the 20th pick in the draft if my memory serves me and has been in the NBA for a long time.

It wasn't so much a direct comparison. I'm saying that Nate Robinson is probably the best Boat can hope for at the next level, a sparkplug/energy guy off the bench who can score in bunches (I don't think he can suddenly channel Chris Paul's point guard skills, for example). And his ceiling is a guy who had a hard time catching on this past offseason. If most teams didn't want Nate himself in free agency at a pretty cheap price at this point in time, they might not lean towards a poor man's version in the draft, either, in the hopes that he could one day be that good.

But it only takes one team to like you, so I'm not necessarily on the mark.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It wasn't so much a direct comparison. I'm saying that Nate Robinson is probably the best Boat can hope for at the next level, a sparkplug/energy guy off the bench who can score in bunches (I don't think he can suddenly channel Chris Paul's point guard skills, for example). And his ceiling is a guy who had a hard time catching on this past offseason. If most teams didn't want Nate himself in free agency at a pretty cheap price at this point in time, they might not lean towards a poor man's version in the draft, either, in the hopes that he could one day be that good.

But it only takes one team to like you, so I'm not necessarily on the mark.

Boat's decision could very well look very different to him after the season is over. It seems possible to me that he tries to project confidence and not acknowledge any doubt about his prospects. When the season is over, there may be reality factors that make coming back as the primary PG a good opportunity to show what he can do.

D

Deleted member 3149

I don't think Snider is anything like Bayless. He's 6 foot, a true PG, and not a freak athlete.
Maybe Bayless isn't the best comparison, but the way he drives the lane really reminds me of Bayless. Quentin is 6'1 and Bayless is 6'2 tho... So whatever

Reaction Score

You summed up my feelings. I wish him luck, with a roll of my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom