UCLA defeats Oregon 82 - 74 Observations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCLA defeats Oregon 82 - 74 Observations

Reaction Score
Without using the absence of Osborne as an excuse (eyeroll), it's basically a freshman team trying to figure out roles. After the first quarter against OSU, they seemed to be getting it together pretty well. Frankly, I am shocked that the team has come together as quickly as they have. Londynn Jones, in particular, may be speeding up to the college game.

Um, if Cori Close is a terrible coach (and I'm not a big defender of her), doesn't that make criticism of Kelly even more logical? Shouldn't any decent coach be wiping the floor with her?
I don't think either of them is a great coach, but they are both good coaches that know how to recruit.......

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Could some our West Coast insiders fill me in on:
- Timea Gardiner, the fresh forward from Oregon State. I vaguely recall that she was out for the year. Is that true? If so, cause?
Talented inside player. If/when she comes back, she and Beers will be a fine tandem.
- Can anyone shed any insight on why Jennah Isai left the Oregon program before the holidays? She was playing an average of 19 mpg, which is pretty good for a frosh. The article below didn't shed that much insight beyond "personal reasons." I've always liked her game: nice blend of athletic ability and court sense.

Thanks much.

As I understand it, the reasons for Isai's decision, and especially the timing of it, remain a mystery. As for the latter, here is the timeline: Jennah flew with the team to the Christmas tournament in San Diego and attended the team dinner that evening. At some point between the dinner and the game against Arkansas the next day she left the team and then signed with BYU a week later. By all accounts, this was a major shock. No one has explained why she didn't leave before the trip to San Diego or after the tournament. Since, as noted, she averaged nearly 20 minutes/game and received a fair amount of praise from the coaches (and fans), "personal reasons" (vs. basketball ones, I suppose) does make some sense, but what those were has never been explained adequately.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As I understand it, the reasons for Isai's decision, and especially the timing of it, remain a mystery. As for the latter, here is the timeline: Jennah flew with the team to the Christmas tournament in San Diego and attended the team dinner that evening. At some point between the dinner and the game against Arkansas the next day she left the team and then signed with BYU a week later. By all accounts, this was a major shock. No one has explained why she didn't leave before the trip to San Diego or after the tournament. Since, as noted, she averaged nearly 20 minutes/game and received a fair amount of praise from the coaches (and fans), "personal reasons" (vs. basketball ones, I suppose) does make some sense, but what those were has never been explained adequately.
Thanks for detailing Isai's activities. I had no idea she had signed with BYU (already).

Do you (or anyone else) know about Timea Gardiner's situation? (I know she isn't playing -- probably for this season -- but was it an injury/illness?)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thanks for detailing Isai's activities. I had no idea she had signed with BYU (already).

Do you (or anyone else) know about Timea Gardiner's situation? (I know she isn't playing -- probably for this season -- but was it an injury/illness?)
She allegedly expects to play against the Washington schools in 1 1/2 weeks. I don't think there's ever been much info forthcoming about what has kept her out of games thus far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom