UCLA - Arizona | The Boneyard

UCLA - Arizona

Reaction Score
I watched almost all of this game and came away realizing how far we have to go before we are at this level. Not intended as a diss to our guys but those guys are really big, quick and talented. Makes me appreciate Coach Calhoun even more.

Bill Walton did the game and said The Pac 12 is the "conference of champions". I know that is his darling conference but come on. Smoke another one Bill.

Arizona has The Richard Jefferson practice facility because he donated $3 mil. How much have our guys donated to UConn?

Reaction Score
I watched almost all of this game and came away realizing how far we have to go before we are at this level. Not intended as a diss to our guys but those guys are really big, quick and talented. Makes me appreciate Coach Calhoun even more.

Bill Walton did the game and said The Pac 12 is the "conference of champions". I know that is his darling conference but come on. Smoke another one Bill.

Arizona has The Richard Jefferson practice facility because he donated $3 mil. How much have our guys donated to UConn?

Lots of talent on those rosters which we don’t have I agree.

Reaction Score
The top teams have multiple options to go and do it themselves. We have Cole, and since he’s so zeroed-in on, I wouldn’t even count him. I’ve also noticed in most of the top teams that they are just significantly more fluid than us. Moving the ball, getting open, driving. We are just incredibly static as a whole.

Reaction Score
Maybe he still thinks it's still 1974 when he was at UCLA and they were winning all those national championships. He is a little out there!

Reaction Score
AZ shot lights out from above the arc last night and UCLA did the same when they played last week.... IMO each team would crush this version of the Huskies at this point in the season...

Reaction Score

100% disagree, Arizonas a top team as a result of their schedule. Theyd probably be a low 10s to 20s ranked in the big east.Last week they looked bad like very bad at UCLA. This week, UCLA looked bad against Arizona (and quite honestly, it was not a good game for both sides). The PAC12 is very bad this year, don’t forget. Also don’t forget that auburn team we beat had both more size and talent than Arizona.

Reaction Score
AZ shot lights out from above the arc last night and UCLA did the same when they played last week.... IMO each team would crush this version of the Huskies at this point in the season...
I have no idea what game you were watching last night……

Reaction Score
Tommy Lloyd has been a total stud.

He inherited a ton of international talent, especially out of Europe, that is used to everyone on their offense to share the ball.

What Lloyd has done differently than Miller is to take that talent, play at a lightning pace (3rd fastest in the nation) and combine that combination of elite passing ability and pace to move the ball quickly (#1 assist/FGM rate in nation) and find open looks close to the basket (8th best 2p% in the nation).

Combine an aesthetically beautiful offensive style with a gritty, grinding and physical defense and it's easy to fall in love with this team.

Reaction Score
Kubelis is a solid post lefty, Kriisa and Larsson both excellent players. Ballo is like Whaley only bigger, more physical. Mathurin a real nice player and the center Koloko (sp?) solid. Kier can shoot it although he struggled the other night I haven’t had a chance to see them until the UCLA game and cane away very impressed. Solid lineup throughout the bench.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Donyell has donated a whole lot.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You’re a damn broken record, a worthless old one. They’ve played that good what, 2 maybe 3 times. Give it up we aren’t close to Arizona right now both players and game coach.
You’re too cranky and too good a guy to be tossing personal insults. Way too invested in winning basketball games. My wife is dying of cancer. Much bigger than a missed foul shot.

Reaction Score
You’re too cranky and too good a guy to be tossing personal insults. Way too invested in winning basketball games. My wife is dying of cancer. Much bigger than a missed foul shot.

By no means did I mean to personalize you as “worthless and old” just trying to make fun of the record/LP I was talking about. Came out wrong I guess and no matter I will stick to my point on the “Auburn game” minus what you interpreted.

And yes your wife’s situation is far more serious than anything we discuss here and for that my prayers to you both.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
By no means did I mean to personalize you as “worthless and old” just trying to make fun of the record/LP I was talking about. Came out wrong I guess and no matter I will stick to my point on the “Auburn game” minus what you interpreted.

And yes your wife’s situation is far more serious than anything we discuss here and for that my prayers to you both.
Thank you.

I get the frustration with close losses. I want us to win and I also know that Calhoun had plenty bleeped performances On the other hand, we’ve also won a bunch of close games. So far we haven’t been out of a single game. Today is a big test. It’s kind of amazing we haven’t been out of a single game with under a minute left. Would Auburn crush us today? Maybe. Would we beat MSU today? Maybe. There isn’t a perfect coach out there and this year we don’t have a single player who night in and night out is capable of taking over a game and going off from every spot on the court. A bunch of decent role players and a kid like Cole who I hope is not under appreciated for the load he has had to carry for this team. Go Huskies.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Donyell, yes but who else?
Don’t know about guys like Ray Allen, Caron Butler, Scott Burrell or a few others. I know former baseball player Charles Nagy did well by the school. Don’t know about Springer. Danny O? We don’t get to know what these guys give back and some like it that way.

Reaction Score
You must have fallen asleep...
I mean, UCLA was not at all impressive that game. They could not shoot the ball at all. Really, any team from the big east, barring a select few at the bottom, could’ve beaten them that night. It really wasn’t all that great of a game, Arizona let them hang around for way too long and actually almost lost despite the final score.

I’m really not at all that impressed with Arizona, their record is a result of a mediocre OOC schedule and a weak weak PAC12. I watched their 2 games the week prior, and they are absolutely lost if they can’t shoot the ball. Granted that can be said for most teams, but what I think differentiates our team is that we are a lot tougher and more physical team, and can win those grind it out games. At the same time, we have a lot more of those games cause our ball movement is lacking and shooting isn’t as good. But all in all, I would be pretty confident going into a game with Arizona in the tournament. They’d be a weaker 1 or 2 seed than the other top seeds in the tournament.

Reaction Score
UCLA just lost to an ASU team that hadn't won a game in 2022. This board is really something.

MJ1

Reaction Score
It’s the Slogan for a reason, the PAC 12 has won more National Championships than any other conference. The problem they have is there generally not in Football or Men’s Basketball. They have won so many championships in Mens Water polo, Women water polo, Men’s Track indoor and outdoor, Women’s Track indoor and outdoor, Men and Women’s Gymnastics and so on. There titles are generally non revenue sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom