UCLA 2014 #1 recruiting class | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCLA 2014 #1 recruiting class

Reaction Score
This chart is great. Only service that got Gabby Williams right was ASGR rating her #2 and BS had her #6

Wasnt Gabby injured her final 2 years of HS? I think the other services downgraded her after that, not knowing how she would recover, which seems pretty understandable to me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wasnt Gabby injured her final 2 years of HS? I think the other services downgraded her after that, not knowing how she would recover, which seems pretty understandable to me.
Brett McCormack of ASGR kept gabby at #1 even after the injury. In the other services she pretty much stayed the same before and after each injury. Despite the injury Olson at ESPN kept her where she was.
gabby-williams.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This was the VG compilation rankings. #1 UCLA was 20% ahead of #2.
View attachment 30087
I have been saying this now for a while much to the dismay of the UCLA fans: This UCLA #1 class underachieved because not only did they fail to make a final 4 they also never won a Pac 12 regular season or tournament championship.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Imo, Caldwell's transfer (coinsiding with her father's employment as an assistant at Texas Tech) was a disaster for both Caldwell and the Whitaker era at Texas Tech. But, Caldwell was injured this year. It is still possible she could have a good finish to her college career. If Caldwell stays at Tech she will have a new coach for what should be her final year of eligibility. It is also possible that she could become a grad transfer if she graduates or has graduated from Tech this year.
I could see her end up at Southern Cal with her sister.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I have been saying this now for a while much to the dismay of the UCLA fans: This UCLA #1 class underachieved because not only did they fail to make a final 4 they also never won a Pac 12 regular season or tournament championship.
And I've been rebutting this facile argument for a while now, much to the dismay of those who proffer it.

It's an error of sophomoric reasoning to fixate on the "#1 recruiting class" moniker of a single year while failing to consider how poor the recruiting classes were around it, and while further failing to consider that the five-person "#1 recruiting class" was whittled down to about three-and-a-half players when one factors in the transfer of one and the injury to another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom