UCL & Europa 2019/20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCL & Europa 2019/20

Reaction Score
Tyler Adams scored a deflected goal to KO Atletico.
Atletico just can't create quality chances and goals. Regardless of transfer speculation, if Partey wasn't injured it's a crime he didn't play. He's one of their few players who would start on most CL level teams.
Simeone blew it by not starting Felix

Reaction Score
Missed most of the game. Saw the deflection own goal. Total heart break. C'mon City!

Reaction Score
Tyler Adams scored a deflected goal to KO Atletico.
Atletico just can't create quality chances and goals. Regardless of transfer speculation, if Partey wasn't injured it's a crime he didn't play. He's one of their few players who would start on most CL level teams.

Reaction Score
I saw the first half. It was a whooping for sure. Bayern is looking tough.

Reaction Score
For the first time since '91, no Spanish, English not Italian teams in the semifinals with 2 French and 2 German teams instead.

I watched the match on Telemundo and while my Spanish skills are poor, it was fun. Man City had a lot of possession; but Lyon's speed and precision on the counter tore City apart. Lopez was an all-star in net for OL. Sterling's miss from 5 yards out of an empty net will go down in history as one of the worst big game misses. I really don't like Walker on Man City, he was tactically fouling everyone, purposely stepped on one ankle (he looked down before doing it), purposely slammed another Lyon player on a jump ball (he looked over is should and went right for the body with no attempt on the ball) and yet did not get carded. Just glad to see another FFP escapee go down. Just 1 left.

Back 25 years ago, I caught a few matches at Gerland and then hit some really fun pubs after in the 7th trudging my way back to the train station for the 60 minute TGV or 90 minute regular train ride back home. I wonder how those bars (pre-Covid-19) are doing since the team moved out to Groupama, which is in the burbs halfway between the city and the airport a few years back.

Anyway, I am psyched that Lyon and RB Leipzig is in the semifinals. That said, I think Bayren looks unbeatable right now and I would pull for them over Qatar's continuing attempt to buy a trophy with PSG.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tyler Adams scores the game winner and is rewarded with a seat on the bench next game.

Reaction Score
Well, my Lyon team fell after a surprising run to the semis; but, not all is lost with Bayern dropping PSG 1-0 in the finals. I wonder how many players will leave Lyon this year for a bigger team as they did not qualify for the the UCL or Europa (came in 7th) in 2020-21 (if there is a UCL) in a very unusual free agent market.

My 3rd team, Club Brugge did qualify, group stage by winning the Belgium First Division in 2019-20.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well that wraps up the 19-20 season. Pretty strange season. Next weekend starts off the 20-21 season with the Community Shield. Arsenal-Liverpool. Not sure who Liverpool will have, but I doubt that many starters will be playing for Arsenal. I think most of them have been on holiday the past couple weeks.

Reaction Score
Well that wraps up the 19-20 season. Pretty strange season. Next weekend starts off the 20-21 season with the Community Shield. Arsenal-Liverpool. Not sure who Liverpool will have, but I doubt that many starters will be playing for Arsenal. I think most of them have been on holiday the past couple weeks.

With such a short break, I see a lot of teams resting their key players for the first month or so. It will be interesting to say the least. Any bet on if fans will be back in staiums in force before the end of the 2020/21 season?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think Neymar was the big loser yesterday. He's a futbol Iverson. Tremendous talent, not a winner.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Next weekend starts off the 20-21 season with the Community Shield. Arsenal-Liverpool. Not sure who Liverpool will have, but I doubt that many starters will be playing for Arsenal.
Klopp just said, "We have three or four more days to prepare for the Community Shield, so we should make sure that we have there a really strong line-up on the pitch." They appear healthy save a knock to TAA.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Klopp just said, "We have three or four more days to prepare for the Community Shield, so we should make sure that we have there a really strong line-up on the pitch." They appear healthy save a knock to TAA.
Arsenal are playing a Friendly today, MK Dons (League 1). Played a few starters 1st half, 2nd half they are down to U23's, a couple I've never heard of.

Reaction Score
I love how soccer has such a quick turn around right now. The more games I get to watch the better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love how soccer has such a quick turn around right now. The more games I get to watch the better.
Same here. When I cut the cord, the only thing I lost that I missed was BeIN Sports. But just in time for the new season, here comes Fanatiz. It has BeIN along with a bunch of Spanish and S. American soccer for $7.99 a month so I'm in, just in time for the big Emelec game tonight. If you put it on Amex and opt in to the Fanatiz promotion you get $5 off/mo for the first 3 months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom