UCL & Europa 2019/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCL & Europa 2019/20

Reaction Score
Yeah, I did some research and revised my post. Not a big fan of that, but who the Hell am I?

Why? Europa League is sort of like the NIT. I think it also is a hindrance since it is played late in the week.

I would almost rather my club focus on Cups and League, but it is another chance to win a trophy.

Reaction Score
Wolves has been fantastic since promotion, and has every chance of playing itself into the CL for next year by finishing Top 4. You should be thrilled. And my guess is Wolves is better than a number of the teams who are dropping out of the CL after group stage.

My point is that if Spurs finished third in its CL group instead of second, you don't get to say Spurs had an easier path to the Europa knockout than Wolves because Spurs outplayed Wolves over the course of a 38 game balanced schedule season.

I am very thrilled with their play and hoping they can add some depth in January to a team that has already played 29 matches.

I do see where you're coming from. I think ZooCougar just gave me me the analogy I was looking for. If a team gets bumped in the NCCA tournament they shouldn't be demoted to the NIT. Like I said, I'm new to the international competitions, and the process (or international football for that matter) doesn't relate well (to me) to the American sports I'm used to.

Grumpy Pundits were saying Wolves are the 2nd best PL team today.

Wow. Seems a bit of a stretch. I think they are a 6th/7th side right now. With Spurs this weekend and Liverpool and Man City in a span of less than 48 hours at the end of the month, we'll see how good they really are.

Reaction Score
I am very thrilled with their play and hoping they can add some depth in January to a team that has already played 29 matches.

I do see where you're coming from. I think ZooCougar just gave me me the analogy I was looking for. If a team gets bumped in the NCCA tournament they shouldn't be demoted to the NIT. Like I said, I'm new to the international competitions, and the process (or international football for that matter) doesn't relate well (to me) to the American sports I'm used to.

Wow. Seems a bit of a stretch. I think they are a 6th/7th side right now. With Spurs this weekend and Liverpool and Man City in a span of less than 48 hours at the end of the month, we'll see how good they really are.

That’s just the way UEFA works. Clubs love these things because it is another match day.

There is even going to another competition below the Europa league soon.

Reaction Score
Wolves face an Olympiacos team that is undefeated in the Greek Super League. I don't know anything about that league. Statistically, they played pretty even with Arsenal in the round of 32. Very excited for the round of 16!

Reaction Score
Time to bump this thread. The only good thing about the corona break is there’s European knockout football nearly every day in August.

Reaction Score
^ on the bump.

Had the Europa League on today. Univision had them on. Brooks (USMNT) got a red in the first game -- stupid stuff. Both teams went down to ten and held to 0 - 0 until a late flurry of goals. Very interesting first game.

Second game was moot as MU was up 5 - 0 in first leg. They put it on late in the game.

Looks to be more games coming up tomorrow and CL this weekend. Thank God for EPL and these cups and playoffs, it has been a God send.

And after reading this thread, the Wolves have impressed me this year. Great run! (and the Blades too!)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Europa League is my main casualty from cutting the cord.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Europa League is my main casualty from cutting the cord.
Not anymore! CBS All Access has all the games as well as the CL. This works for me much better than TNT did.

Reaction Score
Not anymore! CBS All Access has all the games as well as the CL. This works for me much better than TNT did.

Bastards. My wife will shoot me if I add another streaming service. I am lucky that Peacock Premium is free because I have Xfinity internet, so I will have PL in the fall.

Reaction Score
Just saw that CBS All Access is running a 1 month free trial with the code word PLAY.

I might just have to do that.

Reaction Score
Univision has it. I watched yesterday's games that way. I may do CBS for City (my team) today.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Univision has it. I watched yesterday's games that way. I may do CBS for City (my team) today.
I got all the Spanish stations before I cut the cord. Only Telemundo after.

Reaction Score
Good day for, Gunners resigned Aubameyang, signed Willian (not as thrilled about that as keeping Auba, but I think they are doing it to have a vet on the pitch with their young midfield and if they can dump Ozil somewhere, its all good), though they did have to let go a number or regular employees, which stinks.

On the pitch, after a 5-month layoff due to Covid-19, my second team, Lyon, just enough losing to send Juventus and Ronaldo home on away goals. Still not happy with the PK given to the home team as Depay was given a Yellow for dropping him arm to block a direct kick from outside the box that was going for the family jewels. Italian soccer likely doesn't even know what those are.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Good day for, Gunners resigned Aubameyang...

On the pitch, after a 5-month layoff due to Covid-19, my second team, Lyon, just enough losing to send Juventus and Ronaldo home on away goals. Still not happy with the PK given to the home team as Depay was given a Yellow for dropping him arm ...
The first point is a win/win. Props for getting it done promptly.

I figured that horrible PK call was a make-up for the mistaken PK call earlier. In any event, the more deserving team moves on.

Reaction Score
CL on at 3:00 today. PSG v Atalanta. I need ti learn Spanish to listen in but the Goooooooolllllllllllll call is always epic.

Reaction Score
PSG comes through like champs. I turn to see the tv and it is notted up in 1+. Then, 2 min later another. Nuts!!

Reaction Score
PSG comes through like champs. I turn to see the tv and it is notted up in 1+. Then, 2 min later another. Nuts!!

PSG is the poster child of how uneffective the Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules and the damage it can cause to the league and the game.

Reaction Score
PSG is the poster child of how uneffective the Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules and the damage it can cause to the league and the game.
So it would likely pain you to tell you I am a City fan. :)

Reaction Score
Tyler Adams scored a deflected goal to KO Atletico.
Atletico just can't create quality chances and goals. Regardless of transfer speculation, if Partey wasn't injured it's a crime he didn't play. He's one of their few players who would start on most CL level teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom