UCF v Memphis and Offensive Football | The Boneyard

UCF v Memphis and Offensive Football

Reaction Score
With all due respect to TD HUsky (I leave it to everyone to determine how much that is), I can't watch football like this. Touchdowns are only exciting when they are not something that is supposed to happen. When you have to work for them. I know it's a matter of taste, and everyone can like games where they run up and down the field scoring at will, but to me that isn't football and it's frankly not enjoyable to watch.

Rant over. As I said, just my personal taste.

Reaction Score
This is fun to me. UCF came out in the 2nd half got some stops and turned a 4 or half deficit in to a 14pt lead. Problem for them is you have to keep scoring cause Memphis is not out of it down 2 scores.

Reaction Score
I generally agree with you BL. I love a game when TDs are earned, not given (see what I did there?)

For this game it though I was riveted because it became would who make a stop, not who would score.

Reaction Score
I'm in a group text with a bunch of my friends who are PSU/B1G college football/NFL diehards. We pretty much talk college football year around...all 5 of them today agreed that the AAC Championship game was a lot of fun to watch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
High scoring games can be a bore, but there was so much greatness in the scrambles, throws, receptions and YAC, that i found this nothing but exciting. A 17-10 game is good too, but sometimes those aren’t about great defense but ineptitude.

Lead changes are the most important thrill aspect to any game. Scores that move back and forth whether high or low, is what you need for drama.

Reaction Score
Some seriously good QB WR RB play. If you don't like these type offensive games just watch UConn, they don't score like this so touchdowns are at a premium as you like, unfortunately UConn also matches their defenses missed tackle for missed tackle. At least UCF held Memphis to under 70.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This Georgia - Auburn game must have Serrano’s seal of approval. It’s a slow methodical grind. I have fallen asleep twice.

Punters have been exciting though!

Reaction Score
This UGA vs UA game is football. Great on both sides of the ball. UA just coughed it up a couple times.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Agreed. 40 yard gains stop being exciting when they happen every other play lol. Decent game but I prefer seeing some defense

Reaction Score
At the same time it's on teams to stop them. They are the #1 and #2 scoring teams in the country for a reason.

Reaction Score
The offensive skill on display was phenomenal. A lot of the big gains were on remarkable catches and in many cases, the throw was also remarkable.

Reaction Score
The offensive skill on display was phenomenal. A lot of the big gains were on remarkable catches and in many cases, the throw was also remarkable.
A lot of missed tackles or busted assignments in the run game by UCF also.

That looked a lot like a Big 12 game. The Memphis QB is off the charts talented and we all know about Milton.

Reaction Score
With all due respect to TD HUsky (I leave it to everyone to determine how much that is), I can't watch football like this. Touchdowns are only exciting when they are not something that is supposed to happen. When you have to work for them. I know it's a matter of taste, and everyone can like games where they run up and down the field scoring at will, but to me that isn't football and it's frankly not enjoyable to watch.

Biz, you must have hated the old AFL games of the '60s, when Darryl (The Mad Bomber) Lamonica matched up against Len Dawson & the scoreboard lit up like a pinball machine.

Reaction Score

Spoken like a man who knows his football.

It was unwatchable.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
When there are TD's by the dozen, their value is diminished. It's like watching a 14-12 baseball game where home runs are routine and not exciting.

That said, if we're not going to have a team in the playoff, then we need to have a selling point or gimmick to get attention. It's better to have a reputation for doing something well (AAC-offense) than not doing anything well (MWC, MAC, SBC, C-USA).

Reaction Score
This Georgia - Auburn game must have Serrano’s seal of approval. It’s a slow methodical grind. I have fallen asleep twice.

Punters have been exciting though!

What’s a fair amount of rent to charge for the space that I occupy in your head?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What’s a fair amount of rent to charge for the space that I occupy in your head?
You take yourself too seriously. But that’s fine, your drama and faux outrage is often entertaining.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You neglected to mention that I’m usually right.
More often than not - yes that is true. But not always. Just keep being you - it’s funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom