UCF prediction thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF prediction thread

Reaction Score
Yeah, but I can't fully guarantee the timing. Ergo: prediction.

You just really love to argue with me don't you? No - it's a plan. How the hell can you guarantee timing? You're setting yourself up for failure. Don't do that. I have faith in you.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
UCF 48, Huskies 27. We cover the spread, but moral victories are for losers!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
All I am hearing is Milton this, Milton that. I just hope he is picking his ass up off the field after every throw. Make him pay tonight. Nothing free. Hitting is allowed.

Reaction Score
All I am hearing is Milton this, Milton that. I just hope he is picking his ass up off the field after every throw. Make him pay tonight. Nothing free. Hitting is allowed.

Yup - just noted this. I hope he is checking for his teeth.

The 3-3 stack defense, I think is a very good choice for strategic planning for UCONN. The most difficult positions to recruit are lineman, and moreso DL's. and UCONN has a track record of being able to produce NFL quality DB's for which to use as a recruiting pitch to get a stable full of those guys. The LB's need to be smart and fast though to switch between run first or pass first defending.

Everybody talking about linebackers and stuff - but me - I'm more interesting to see these DL's play. For this D to be successful you need DL's that are going to be place holders in a scrum in at the LOS and not get moved.

Reaction Score
UConn 23 - UCF 37

Pups come out strong but Milton breaks down the secondary in the 2nd half. We cover the spread and come out with some positives on both sides of the ball.

This matches my vibe about tonight. Youth exposed on D in second half but lots of long-term postitives. 41-31 UCF.

Reaction Score
I like your way of thinking. UConn needs to get it's receivers in the open field tonight and make their defense get tired on a steamy night.
UConn 31
UCF . 30

Uhhhh, I think UCf may have the edge if it's steamy. Believe me, living in coastal South Carolina I know steamy.

Reaction Score
It's always better for us to play late season home games against the Florida and Texas teams. Edsall knows this - only so much you can do with scheduling though. Not going to get the ideal schedule every year.

Reaction Score
I have high expectations for our offense as they are a veteran group with a lot of talent. At minimum I expect 4 touchdowns tonight.

As for the defense, all I ask is that we not be vanilla this year, bring the kitchen sink early and often, be aggressive and show multiple fronts. Swing for the fences and hope you connect.

I just hope its still a ball game going into the 4th quarter, 42 - 31 UCF.

It's not completely out of the question that UCF is looking past us and lays an egg with their new coach.

You may have a point. South Carolina St. will do that to a team.

Reaction Score
An experienced upper class dominated team within a very good program vs an inexperienced lower class team within a not so good tradition that will rely on a lot of players with high school experience.

Who really thinks this will be close?

Heart says "UC win"

Afraid to express reality and offer a final score.

Reaction Score
34-20 UCF. Milton is not easy to get a hand on let alone a hit. Hoping we can get some drives to deny him opportunities.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I expect them to trade scores for a quarter and a half and then UCF overwhelmes them in the second half.

47-20 or so.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My heart says UConn 27 UCF 26
My brain says UCF 38 UConn 21

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Huskies - 28
UCF - 25

Last minute FG wins it.