UCF Pre-Game Notes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF Pre-Game Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wonder what she was doing to earn a living? Or did she need to?

At the higher levels, coaching can pay some bills. Who knows where this might lead?
I think she had some very good foreign league paydays - 15 years of them, so i imagine she saved a very nice nest egg and doesn't need to be too 'career' oriented. According to wiki she is involved with the US State Dept's SportsUnited program which probably kept her pretty busy since her retirement in 2013.

Reaction Score
Very interesting back story for UCF's new coach:

upload_2017-1-1_7-0-57.png
Despite growing up in a Midwest basketball family, Katie Abrahamson-Henderson had no intention of playing the sport competitively or becoming a rising star women's college basketball coach.

She planned on using her long, 6-foot-1 limbs to propel her toward an Olympic swimming career. Basketball wasn't the plan, but it became the purpose and a much-needed outlet after her father unexpectedly died of a heart attack when she was just 12 years old.

"I was just mad at the whole world," said Abrahamson-Henderson, who is now thriving as UCF's women's basketball coach. "I was mad at him because he was riding his bike, he was a fitness guy. He had a small heart attack and truck driver picked him up and he was still conscious, but he said take me home."

Life threw some tough hits at her growing up, but she always punched back harder... [MORE]

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh no! This could be serious! Everyone knows that when you're on a streak you don't change anything!

Maybe going for the Power Pony Tail that worked for Stewie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom