UCF Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well time to take a break in order to get ready for the women's game later.

Reaction Score
Jeremy has killed us defensively. Don't know if it's a combination of the heavy minutes and the ankle not being all the way there, but he couldn't guard anyone.
It was not a great effort by anybody on either end of the court. We looked tired, confused and disinterested. Our play early this season finally caught up with us. Hats of to UCF. They are pretty good.

Reaction Score
the need for boatright was glaring today...he is by far going to be our best driver...bazz has shown signs but maybe it was because he got a little too tired today but one thing is for sure...calhoun will get into these guys heads now that they have lost...and i gotta say...when drummond wants a bucket...he WILL get one...also everybody relax...we needed this loss to get back down to earth...remember the ND loss and what that did...calhouns gna spark this team now...get ready for tomorrows game cause this team is going to have a fire lit under its

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
The ankle is ridiculous. JL has not defended all season. I hope JC puts him in the doghouse after this loss for a few games while he learns that he isn't jus there to dribble the ball off his feet.

Reaction Score
Perimeter defense in the second half was terrible and I have no idea why the adjustments on offense (against the zone and man) were so bad. Very frustrating loss.

Reaction Score
The ankle is ridiculous. JL has not defended all season. I hope JC puts him in the doghouse after this loss for a few games while he learns that he isn't jus there to dribble the ball off his feet.

Jeremy seems to have earned a lifetime pass, I know we need him offensively but like you said he has not been there defensively all season and he needs to see the bench every and now and then to remind him to commit to it. Niels probably could've done a better job stopping the dribble drive if he was subbed in.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Jeremy seems to have earned a lifetime pass, I know we need him offensively but like you said he has not been there defensively all season and he needs to see the bench every and now and then to remind him to commit to it. Niels probably could've done a better job stopping the dribble drive if he was subbed in.
He got laid a few too many times in the offseason and thinks he's the . I know people who have met him in real life and he actually has a messed up ego. Maybe that's why he thinks he can be lazy on defense.

It's just so frustrating that on a day that both AO and AD finally show up at the same time we look so amazing, and then we fall apart in the second half.

Reaction Score
I'm not usually one for overreaction, but this team shouldn't even be allowed to play tomorrow. Just make them run until they realize that you can't just show up and that you actually have to play.

Reaction Score
WtF happened?? I had to go out top pick-up my wife. UConn ahead by 9, then when I get back, lost by 4. Cr@p!

Reaction Score
You should have told your wife to wait til the game was over. Can't leave with the team leading. Mojo, and all (although maybe you can put your marriage before mojo in November).

Reaction Score
I am as frustrated and angry as anyone but I don't agree that we are (possibly) in for a long season. We won a National Championship last season in a manner(given the regular season finish,age of the team and overall level of talent on the roster) that was clearly unexpected. And I have to say, despite the run to the NC, the "best" team(judged by a variety of parameters) did not win. Did I enjoy it? Absolutely! But, we all have to be realistic about what exactly happened(as wonderful as it was). And then we lose our best player. A player who the team relied on at every level that a team can rely on one player(and,yes,I acknowledge that other players made significant late contributions).

So now we have to really look at what we have. And that is a very young team learning how to play without it's best player and with new players assuming(and learning how) leadership responsibilities while also being relied upon for key production on the floor. AND, we are integrating freshmen to roles that make demands on them that they have never had to deal with before while,at the same time, learning to play with players that they have never played with before. AND, our point guard has no real backup until Ryan Boatright steps on the court.

Let's not get caught up in "unrealistic expectations" coming off a very unique National Championship. This team needs games like this. These games will pay huge dividends during the BE season and in March. Giving up a 17 point lead is a very hard pill to swallow. BUT, I also saw a lot to be positive about with Andre Drummond's performance(13 points,9 boards,4 blocks) and Alex Oriaki's performance(14 points,10 boards, and 5 blocks) being front and center. Shabazz once again had way to0 many turnovers and was a shoot first PG when the game demanded other things. Part of the team growth is finding that balance between the guards and the bigs; and I thought the first half was great in that regard. We are going to get there. There is no doubt about that. The talent on this roster is just a few games away from being dominant. GO
HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
We know he has it in him - he defended Shelvin Mack in the championship game. Maybe he needs to get a highlight film of him acting like a turnstile today to refocus on the defensive end - plus with Boatright, he can play 32-35 minutes instead of 39-40.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It was not a great effort by anybody on either end of the court. We looked tired, confused and disinterested. Our play early this season finally caught up with us. Hats of to UCF. They are pretty good.
Are you serious? AO and AD had GREAT performances today. 9 combined blocks, 19 combined rebounds, 27 combined points. Bazz just didnt show up today and JL still does not feel like defense is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom