UCF Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UCF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty much a perfect scrimmage. Plenty of fuel provided for Auriemma to hammer them in practice with. And nobody got hurt. As Belichick would say,"We're on to the next one."

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Travel, sniffles, fatigue, opponent rep, and whatever else conspired a bit today. UConn looked very good in short segments, but I didn't think they did very well at connecting them.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The game pretty much played out as we figured. Did you notice the first sub off the bench for Geno? It was Crystal. He's getting her ready for post season play, and she's the only guard on the bench he would put in this early. Dangerfield continues to struggle at times. She continues to turn the ball over. The frequency of turnovers will diminish as time goes on. As Meg Culmo also mentioned, Crystal also shows us flashes of brilliance once in a while.

UCF was vastly outclassed today. All they could do was to play hard, compete, and let the chips fall where they may. Geno will have lots of fodder for their next film session this week.
I'm sure the team will be glad to return home after a 5 day road trip. East Carolina (9-5) is next up for the Huskies Wednesday at the XL Center, riding a two game losing streak.
This will be an excellent opportunity for the team to show that they have addressed their propensity to turn the ball over lately.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
UCF seemed vastly improved.

I thought Crystal looked uncertain during her first stint, but had a lot more spring in her step after being subbed in after Saniya made the two bad passes. It was an opportunity, and by and large she took advantage of it.

I've been worried about Crystal's mental state, because now comes the most difficult part of the season Geno-wise.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UCF seemed vastly improved.

I thought Crystal looked uncertain during her first stint, but had a lot more spring in her step after being subbed in after Saniya made the two bad passes. It was an opportunity, and by and large she took advantage of it. I've been worried about Crystal's mental state, because now comes the most difficult part of the season Geno-wise.[/QUOTE

Most of the teams in the AAC did show improvement during out of conference play. Dangerfield is still learning to play with this team, at this level. Her performance in the Baylor game proves she CAN play at this level. She's under intense pressure from Geno to cease and desist with the turnovers. She had 3 turnovers today, but so did Chong. Nurse had 4. Even TLaw got in on the action and picked up 1.

She's under a huge microscope right now. Once she settles down and in (and she will), the turnovers will shrink down to nothing, her assists will grow, and her defensive acumen and posture will become more consistent.

At some point, the light will go on. She will get there, be it this season or by the beginning of next season. Geno can afford to play her 25-30 minutes a game now until the end of the February. Ready or not, she's still going to be needed during the post-season. She'll just have a lot more minutes under her belt by then. Let's be patient, Crystal will be fine.

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Thank you for the thread as I was able to give Kib the run down as the VA doesn't have SNY but they have ESPN:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom