UCF @ Duquesne (7p ET, ESPN+) | The Boneyard

UCF @ Duquesne (7p ET, ESPN+)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Showing on ESPN Plus: UCF vs. Duquesne (W Basketball)

UCF raced out to an early 13-0 lead, forcing a Duquesne timeout.

UCF appears to be the 2nd-best team in the AAC, as USF struggles with injuries. UCF's only loss has been at Central Michigan, a Sweet 16 team last year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Duquesne weathered the initial barrage and then heated up to tie the game late in 2Q. UCF endured a long cold spell in 2Q that must have featured about 7 or 8 missed layups. UCF leads 35-32 at the half.

Kay Kay Wright has 17 of UCF's 35 points. She is an exciting player to watch, currently 3rd in the AAC (right behind KLS) in scoring average.

Reaction Score
is UCF as nasty as they were last year?............playing against them in the past has been like a UFC match

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It took forever for the score to be put up by ESPN but UCF won 73-65. (now 8-1).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice to see other teams besides UCONN and USF start to step up. I still have hopes for Temple, Houston, and maybe a few others...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The UCF coach built Albany into a power (they have fallen mightily now BTW) and I think as she gets more elite talent she could build UCF into a power, unless of course and more traditional P5 program comes calling.

I wonder if UCF will pay up to keep her like it's trying to do for Football. I mean the school has a HUGE enrollment and a strong state backing.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
is UCF as nasty as they were last year?..playing against them in the past has been like a UFC match
I was thinking the same thing. I give the coach credit for figuring out how to keep games close give her lack of talent and I was hoping that she garnered some skilled players but in looking at their roster and who is leading them, it's still Juniors and Seniors which means that UCF has gotten even more adept at the "subtle" mugging and blocking. Everyone seems to rebound so kudo's to their mentality.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. I give the coach credit for figuring out how to keep games close give her lack of talent and I was hoping that she garnered some skilled players but in looking at their roster and who is leading them, it's still Juniors and Seniors which means that UCF has gotten even more adept at the "subtle" mugging and blocking. Everyone seems to rebound so kudo's to their mentality.

I hate watching UConn play teams like that.............you know the tripping, clutch and grabbing etc which can cause serious injuries on occasion.......

Plebe

Reaction Score
She has some good athletes and they play HARD. They like to play pressure defense, a lot of matchup zone, full court after a make, and create turnovers. Kay Kay Wright is having herself a year.

If only UCF hadn't fallen apart in the last 4 minutes at Central Michigan, they could well be undefeated at this point.

They'll take on Syracuse just before Christmas. I don't think they'll win, but hopefully they can compete.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Thanks Plebe, after holding out hope for some of the other AAC brethren to break through to boost the conference, only to be let down, I am optimistic Katie Abrahamson-Henderson will succeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom