UCF Coaching change | The Boneyard

UCF Coaching change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCF just announced the hiring of Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. She has been remarkably successful at Albany and is certain to make UCF a more spirited and competitive basketball team. Good for her, the school and the league......:):):)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
UCF just announced the hiring of Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. She has been remarkably successful at Albany and is certain to make UCF a more spirited and competitive basketball team. Good for her, the school and the league.:):):)

Here's the release on that: http://www.ucfknights.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040116aab.html
Had a very good run at Albany. If memory holds, their football coach is new, too -- Scott Frost.
Athletic Director has been busy.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UCF just announced the hiring of Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. She has been remarkably successful at Albany and is certain to make UCF a more spirited and competitive basketball team. Good for her, the school and the league.:):):)
One of the great young coaches in WCBB. I always hate to see a coach leave a program, either being fired or moving on, but this is a great get for UCF.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And the AD hired Johnny Dawkins as the men's basketball coach in the past several days.

The AD is Danny White, son of Duke AD Kevin White.
That's interesting because I had predicted that Katie Abrahamson-Henderson was headed for a much bigger WCBB program like Duke.

Reaction Score
TN assistant Kyra Elzy was also reportedly in contention for the UCF job.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
That's interesting because I had predicted that Katie Abrahamson-Henderson was headed for a much bigger WCBB program like Duke.

She was a rumored candidate for the Wisconsin job, that Tspsis got. I agree with you on Duke....there could be a number of ACC jobs next year (Duke, VA, BC) but you never know. Plus AD White must've made a very compelling offer.....Well, in any case, good to the new coaching troika of Frosh, Dawkins and Coach Abe.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
And the AD hired Johnny Dawkins as the men's basketball coach in the past several days.

The AD is Danny White, son of Duke AD Kevin White.

Wow, hat trick!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This is very encouraging news for UCF - they seem to be investing heavily in their sports programs.

Trying to make that move to the BIG12 if offered.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It opens another very interesting mid-major job as well. Albany has obviously got a good culture going with the WCBB team, not a bad place to be with a short train trip up from NYC so decent recruiting ground. Obviously GW because of the A10 is a hotter spot, but these are both really solid entry level positions for an assistant looking to run their own team.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
It opens another very interesting mid-major job as well. Albany has obviously got a good culture going with the WCBB team, not a bad place to be with a short train trip up from NYC so decent recruiting ground. Obviously GW because of the A10 is a hotter spot, but these are both really solid entry level positions for an assistant looking to run their own team.

I was thinking the same thing in a prior post on another thread. Tspsis is a solid example, obviously. Those that come to mind off the bat with the UConn/ND crowd: Shea Ralph, Niele Ivey, Megan Duffy (former ND player who has apprenticed for both Kim Barnes Arico and Jonathan Tspsis.)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
An AAC team poised to climb the ladder. Good for the conference and good for wcbb. (Psst. Don't tell Dan in Boston.;))

Reaction Score
Really? America east to a top-level program? Seems like pretty strong jump. Last time Duke was able to get their coach from a top Big 10 team.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really? America east to a top-level program? Seems like pretty strong jump. Last time Duke was able to get their coach from a top Big 10 team.
yeah, well, ask Azura about that decision, or ask OSU about dipping into DIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom