UCF arena management | The Boneyard

UCF arena management

Reaction Score
Our friends in Orlando were ill-prepared for the thousands of UConn fans attending the game last night. When gates opened 1hour before the game, there were two huge lines snaking around the plaza and sidewalks. I arrived around 6,hoping to get in early and watch warm ups and grab something to eat. At 10 minutes to tip, I finally made my way to a seat (general admission for $10, all that I could get online a week before). There were hundreds behind me in line who still had to go through screening before entry and I suspect that some missed the game’s start.

UCF had to know that a crowd much larger than its normal size would attend. Fortunately, the Husky fans were patient and well behaved but if someone had decided to get riled up with the delay, it could have been ugly. The missed concession sales would have more than made up for hiring another crew or two of gate employees.

I have been to UConn away games at USF, ECU, Temple, Georgetown, and Villanova but I have never seen such a poorly handled arena access situation.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
You are lucky it was FLORIDA! I stood in a 200 foot long line at Villanova for an hour---IN A SNOW STORM!

Reaction Score
Yup. I was in that line, too--and then when we got into the arena, the attendant misdirected us into seats behind the basket, although the sides were nearly empty. We disobeyed orders and found good seats. This after getting into Orlando was half the misery. We snowbird in Florida and will not try UCF again. USF is infinitely more accommodating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom