UC Davis website game preview article | The Boneyard

UC Davis website game preview article

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
But THIS is UConn. THIS is nine NCAA Championships in the last 20 years. THIS is 40-0. THIS is Geno Auriemma, Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson, and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

And so on, and so forth. You get the idea.

"We've faced some really quality opponents in the past, but none with the national reputation of UConn," Gross said. "Geno Auriemma is probably the most recognizable coach in women's basketball. UConn has numerous All-Americans on their roster and even one member on the USA Senior National team. What makes this game so exciting for our team is that we get to play them on our home court, in front of our fans, in a sold out arena. It is going to be an electric atmosphere in The Pavilion on November 14 and I am thrilled that our student-athletes get to experience that."

LINK

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The Pavillion... 8,000 seats

uc-davis-pavilion_raw.jpg

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Will love to see it full....and with National Flag Blue....

HGN

Reaction Score
Looks like a very nice arena.........I wonder what its going to sound like when its deftly quiet in there when its 10 minutes left in the game ?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I was there last season for a UC Davis game vs USC. I think attendance was around 1000. Not a loud crowd. In the picture posted above, behind the far baskets is the concession stands, in case someone who never has been there searches for them.

Reaction Score
I was there last season for a UC Davis game vs USC. I think attendance was around 1000. Not a loud crowd. In the picture posted above, behind the far baskets is the concession stands, in case someone who never has been there searches for them.
Thanks, what kind of food do they sell and how much is it

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks, what kind of food do they sell and how much is it
Typical food for an arena. I ate in the town before the game and only bought a water at the game. I would try some of the restaurants in town, which is truly a college town, IMO.

Reaction Score
Typical food for an arena. I ate in the town before the game and only bought a water at the game. I would try some of the restaurants in town, which is truly a college town, IMO.
Thanks

Reaction Score
I like the way UC Davis has approached this game. They are under no illusions about what the outcome is likely to be. They are just thrilled that their players and fans will get to see the best in women's college basketball. At the same time, they are hopeful that the "tricks they have up their sleeves" will bear fruit against the Huskies. Their promotion & PR has produced a full arena, and women's basketball will be advanced thanks to their efforts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm happy for the UCD players and fans. Baryshnikov, Caruso, Gielgud, and Yo Yo Ma are coming to town.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
By the way, after the game, win or lose, the UC Davis Aggies stand in a line on the court as their Alma Mater is played. It is very similar to what the Texas A & M Aggies do after a game. I dont know if it something that all teams with Aggies as a name perform.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
By the way, after the game, win or lose, the UC Davis Aggies stand in a line on the court as their Alma Mater is played. It is very similar to what the Texas A & M Aggies do after a game. I dont know if it something that all teams with Aggies as a name perform.

Love it. In a day in which today is tomorrow's "whatever", honoring what got you here is a disappearing treasure to be revered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom