U23 Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U23 Team

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm excited. I think that this will not only help both Jamie and Mercedes. It will also help the team when the season starts. As it will for the other players.
On the surface yes, as they will be with a strong coaching contingent in Tokyo, but then reality hits and we realize CHW still is involved...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm mildly surprised by the selection of Monique Billings over Kristine Anigwe.

I am too. Anigwe is fantastic. Kristine should have made he team in place of Russell. Russell is stiff.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am too. Anigwe is fantastic. Kristine should have made he team in place of Russell. Russell is stiff.
How did Russell do this?
  • Scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds and four blocks while holding #4 Baylor's post players Beatrice Mompremier (3-12), Kalani Brown (1-9) and Lauren Cox (0-3) to a combined 4-24 (16.7%) shooting. The Lady Bears threesome combined to shoot 60.4 percent from the floor entering the contest.

Reaction Score
How did Russell do this?
  • Scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds and four blocks while holding #4 Baylor's post players Beatrice Mompremier (3-12), Kalani Brown (1-9) and Lauren Cox (0-3) to a combined 4-24 (16.7%) shooting. The Lady Bears threesome combined to shoot 60.4 percent from the floor entering the contest.
1) Tennessee lost that game by 22 points, so who cares what Russell did - it didn't work. Jones & Davis scored 50 between them for Baylor and TN only scored 66 points total.

2) That was 2016 - she's older and stiffer now :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How did Russell do this?

If Russell can have such a good outing against what is thought to be the best talent at this age level in the country, perhaps she just needs a change of venue, different players around her, and different coaches teaching and guiding her.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If Russell can have such a good outing against what is thought to be the best talent at this age level in the country, perhaps she just needs a change of venue, different players around her, and different coaches teaching and guiding her.
I thought last year she started to play up to her potential. After recovering from the surgery that she had. She put up the best numbers for a center at Tennessee since Charles. She also lead the SEC in double doubles.

Reaction Score
I'm excited. I think that this will not only help both Jamie and Mercedes. It will also help the team when the season starts. As it will for the other players.
where's DD?..too soon??:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
All the Oregon players went to Tennessee for college, so that maybe cancels out some of the bias?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought last year she started to play up to her potential. After recovering from the surgery that she had. She put up the best numbers for a center at Tennessee since Charles. She also lead the SEC in double doubles.

Let's see how she does in these games. Her performance should speak for itself, one way or another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom