U23 Friday's Games Streamed Live 10:00 AM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U23 Friday's Games Streamed Live 10:00 AM

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She's obviously a very intelligent young lady, I'm wishing her the best on her senior season!

I watched the clip. Wow, six feet tall at age 12, and one body want to let her play. Parents (and coaches) can be selfish at times, even to 12 year olds. A thought........does anyone know if Nared was "offered" by UConn?.
And since she's so impressed with Geno now, I wonder if she wishes she had come to UConn (if she was offered) instead?

We know Geno does home visits with one of his assistants to coveted players he really really wants. We know he can be very persuasive and personable in his own way. Nared is a very good player. I would not mind seeing her in a UConn uniform. Based on her narrative, work ethic and intelligence, she sounds like a good potential UConn recruit.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
White Team beats Blue Team 77-74

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I watched the clip. Wow, six feet tall at age 12, and one body want to let her play. Parents (and coaches) can be selfish at times, even to 12 year olds. A thought...does anyone know if Nared was "offered" by UConn?.
And since she's so impressed with Geno now, I wonder if she wishes she had come to UConn (if she was offered) instead?

We know Geno does home visits with one of his assistants to coveted players he really really wants. We know he can be very persuasive and personable in his own way. Nared is a very good player. I would not mind seeing her in a UConn uniform. Based on her narrative, work ethic and intelligence, she sounds like a good potential UConn recruit.
I don't know if she had a offer from UConn. I do know that Parker was her favorite player. I have been impressed with her.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Absolute Horror this will engender you know where is positively delicious!
I'm sure. But for the players, from either team, they have no reason to hate UCONN or TN. They've never played each other. Heck there hasn't been a UCONN-TN game for them to even be interested in since some of them were like 10-11 years old.

Reaction Score
What stats are you referring to exactly?

Aug 1 game -Stevens 17pts - 9rbs/Wilson 17pts-6rbs
Aug 2 game-Stevens 19pts -6rbs/Wilson 13pts --rbs
Aug 3 game-Stevens 15pts---rbs/Wilson---nothing reported.
Neither played today.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see you guys' guess as to who makes the team. I have no doubt a little politics as well as preference for ladies who have participated in the USA basketball program will come up in the decision process.

Good luck Rizzotti. You have a task to whittle down this list of talent

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Mercedes got some good minutes today.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Half time USA White Team leads 33-32. Haven't seen any player that has stood out over other players. Canada and Kelsey Mitchell have played well.

I really wish we could see more of Canada during the season. She's a fun one to watch.

Boley and Ionescu will be problems out west and beyond in a year.

Reaction Score
Aug 1 game -Stevens 17pts - 9rbs/Wilson 17pts-6rbs
Aug 2 game-Stevens 19pts -6rbs/Wilson 13pts --rbs
Aug 3 game-Stevens 15pts---rbs/Wilson---nothing reported.
Neither played today.

She may have scored more but who know how much more either player impacted their team. Wilson had to be doing something right since her team was in the gold medal game.

Reaction Score
Only had time for the first half. Rebecca Greenwell made some nice passes as well as drives and kick outs.

Reaction Score
She may have scored more but who know how much more either player impacted their team. Wilson had to be doing something right since her team was in the gold medal game.
No argument here. I like Wilson. She's got spunk and is quite the character. We need more players with such a personality. Plus she's southern :)

I'm just starting my own little rivalry until they play each other in Columbia. IMO unless someone comes out of the blue-these two will battle it out for NPOY (Gabby?)

Reaction Score
No argument here. I like Wilson. She's got spunk and is quite the character. We need more players with such a personality. Plus she's southern :)

I'm just starting my own little rivalry until they play each other in Columbia. IMO unless someone comes out of the blue-these two will battle it out for NPOY (Gabby?)

Oh ok lol I think it will be a battle when they meet. Both Stevens and Gabby will be a a lot for Wilson to handle, I hope Jennings and HH can step up.

Found out she didn't play because she hurt her ankle. I won't be mad if she doesn't make the squad because I would hate for her to get injured before her senior year.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Ariel Atkins - Texas
Monique Billings - UCLA
Kalani Brown - Baylor
Jordin Canada - UCLA
Asia Durr - Louisville
Sabrina Ionescu - Oregon
Brittany McPhee - Stanford
Kelsey Mitchell - Ohio State
Jaime Nared - Tennessee
Arike Ogunbowale - Notre Dame
Mercedes Russell - Tennessee
A'ja Wilson - South Carolina

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see who makes the Final Roster. Roster of Trial USA Women's U23 National Team Training Camp Roster

Will Dawn and Jeff Walz use their influence like Geno did with the UConn players so that A'ja Wilson, Asia Durr and Myisha Hines- Allen all make the team:). Only kidding as we know fans of other teams said Geno had too much influence on who makes the USA teams.

Will the committee select the more well known players from the Elite WBB Programs or will players from lesser known schools get selected? They have some tough choices. IMO if these are some of the players that would make the 2024 and later Olympics, choose the best players and build the team around them.

Geno not only put ONLY Uconn kids on the Olympic team--but as a clinician with 23 he tried to brainwash all the top players to play HIS WAY, can you believe HIS WAY?? He overtook Kara Lawson's brain, and it is most likely he is working hard on Nared and Russell, and Aja---oh what a web he weaves. Is there no stopping him?
If Uconn could have fielded one more U23--he would have used his influence over the vastly Uconn coaching staff --to only use Uconn players--like Napheesa Collier--he has so subdued her--she's a ROBOT!! Can you believe??

Reaction Score

Gabby deserves much and has earned every tidbit she is thrown. It's a bit early to speak of NPOY for either. In Gabby's case, she will be playing in the shadow of Napheesa, (I assume) Azura, Maybe KLS, and who knows what the Sophs or new kids will bring to the floor?
In USC it is fairly certain Aja will be their star--yet we have no idea who may actually pop up to contend for her NPOY spot--unlikely as it may seem.
Speculation at this time of the year is our only game--
I'm interested in seeing the posting after the Gold Medal game for u23. That may tell a more usable tale.

Reaction Score
Gabby deserves much and has earned every tidbit she is thrown....Azura, Collier, KLs....A'ja...
...........Speculation at this time of the year is our only game--
I'm interested in seeing the posting after the Gold Medal game for u23. That may tell a more usable tale.
Nonsense! It's never too early to speak about the goodness of the Huskies. I think Azura sent a warning shot to everyone. She is ready, she is UCONN ready-take note she should be mentioned among "the best" conversations.

Collier, Lou and Williams will be in pre-season NPOY watch lists just because of their performance last year. A'ja will be on the list as well (K.Mitchell). I have no doubt that A'ja will be mentioned in NPOY conversations from day one.

The game loves its stars and really loves its SuperStars:
  • USC winning the championship (A'ja)
  • the UCONN win streak/upset and HBO special (KLS, Collier and Captain America)
Each of those young ladies have been elevated to damn near household names even to the most casual wcbb fan. Not to forgetting to mention the Itty Bitty.

Everyone remotely close to wcbb will be looking to see how UCONN "bounces back" from an awful disappointing season.
Looking to see if A'ja and Dawn can do it again. Looking to see if Itty Bitty and Mississippi State can be the giant killers again.

Slowly but surely women's hoops are converting, capturing and keeping fans from high school all the way through to the pros.
Talk and fandom is all welcome (and support).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
it is most likely he is working hard on Nared

That video of her on Geno. Loved it, but had to laugh when I remembered she, poor thing, has had to deal with Holly (aka I don't know) her whole college career.

Reaction Score
Nonsense! It's never too early to speak about the goodness of the Huskies. I think Azura sent a warning shot to everyone. She is ready, she is UCONN ready-take note she should be mentioned among "the best" conversations.

Collier, Lou and Williams will be in pre-season NPOY watch lists just because of their performance last year. A'ja will be on the list as well (K.Mitchell). I have no doubt that A'ja will be mentioned in NPOY conversations from day one.

The game loves its stars and really loves its SuperStars:
  • USC winning the championship (A'ja)
  • the UCONN win streak/upset and HBO special (KLS, Collier and Captain America)
Each of those young ladies have been elevated to damn near household names even to the most casual wcbb fan. Not to forgetting to mention the Itty Bitty.

Everyone remotely close to wcbb will be looking to see how UCONN "bounces back" from an awful disappointing season.
Looking to see if A'ja and Dawn can do it again. Looking to see if Itty Bitty and Mississippi State can be the giant killers again.

Slowly but surely women's hoops are converting, capturing and keeping fans from high school all the way through to the pros.
Talk and fandom is all welcome (and support).
this is not only nonsense, it's pure Bs. But it's your opinion and you are stuck with it.

Reaction Score
That video of her on Geno. Loved it, but had to laugh when I remembered she, poor thing, has had to deal with Holly (aka I don't know) her whole college career.
Tenn has a few players I like and would like to see succeed. Nared and Russell, I'm sure the benefited from the collision with Geno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom