U23 and Italy in conflict | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U23 and Italy in conflict

Reaction Score
Getting back to the U23 team tryouts ........

Someone mentioned this as an audition for the national team. I agree. There's way too much of a gap between the U19 team and the national team and this will serve as a sort of bridge.

The mini-tournament in Coloado Springs should be some of the best basketball played on the collegiate level and seeing that many of us go through withdrawal in the summer it would be nice if the games were streamed. I also think that as long as the UConn 4 won't be selected to go to Tokyo it would be best to keep them together for the round robin games and give the others time playing with each other. It would also help the chosen 12 since I doubt that they will face anyone in Tokyo at that level.

Reaction Score
No one was a match for them last year either.....

I always felt like last year, they would or at least could lose eventually. So did a lot of other people, so that must have been your thinking. This year I can say ahead of time.....THEY WILL NOT LOSE! And that's not going out on a limb if you follow wcbb.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Your right I was a little over the top-- My Apologies-- now we can all go back to loving each other :D
Well not exactly, as to be fair, when I read the article it said SC lost all 3 scrimmages with the first two being closed to the public. So only the score from the 3rd game was published. You stated SC won two games and you were asked to either point to the fact that you referenced OR state you made a mistake. Then we can go back to loving each other. :cool:

Reaction Score
No one was a match for them last year either.....

Well Miss. State was a match for UCONN last year.

South Carolina was not. Here's a little bit of Gabby, Napheesa, KLS, Chong and Captain Canuck in case February's game is a little cloudy in the memory.

Reaction Score
Getting back to the U23 team tryouts ...

Someone mentioned this as an audition for the national team. I agree. There's way too much of a gap between the U19 team and the national team and this will serve as a sort of bridge.

The mini-tournament in Coloado Springs should be some of the best basketball played on the collegiate level and seeing that many of us go through withdrawal in the summer it would be nice if the games were streamed. I also think that as long as the UConn 4 won't be selected to go to Tokyo it would be best to keep them together for the round robin games and give the others time playing with each other. It would also help the chosen 12 since I doubt that they will face anyone in Tokyo at that level.

Well, there are the Pan Am games and the World University games for current college enrollees. That is not chopped liver.

Reaction Score
Here's a quote from the same article I used above.

The University of South Carolina Gamecocks women’s basketball team, the reigning NCAA champions, recently completed a tour of Tokyo that included three scrimmages against Japan’s women’s national team and a little time off the court to experience Japanese culture and get a feel for the city where the next Summer Olympics will be held in 2020.

Perhaps as they were just getting back to work during this offseason and were still rusty, the Gamecocks lost all three games against Japan, which has held a series of training camps since the spring in preparation for the July 23-29 FIBA Asia Cup.

The bolding is mine.

Staley pleased with South Carolina's play against Japan | The Japan Times

Again, I don't see three losses to a national team as being in any way a negative comment on the S Car. team but I do think you need to offer a source of another version of the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
We all know that we handed the Nat'l Championship to Miss St and they blew it.
It took a dozen readings ----but--I now understand what you said---Miss ST won--played USC
--a game Uconn would have won (maybe)--and Miss St Blew it (maybe) USC played Japan, USC lost==does this imply Miss St should beat Japan??
By jove I got it---It takes spoon full of sugar to make the med sin go down, --or a quart of Bucardi's to understand the post; prof Higgin's by jove.

Reaction Score
Well, there are the Pan Am games and the World University games for current college enrollees. That is not chopped liver.
Pan Am games---bad game --great game---Stewie/Moriah lost--Kia with 30 points won.
You are still under rating both sets of games---but can't think of a more appropriate phrase than--"That is not chopped liver".

Reaction Score
Here's a quote from the same article I used above.

The bolding is mine.

Staley pleased with South Carolina's play against Japan | The Japan Times

Again, I don't see three losses to a national team as being in any way a negative comment on the S Car. team but I do think you need to offer a source of another version of the facts.

Fans have to remember when the Maya/Rene/Charles led Uconn team lost to the USA Nat team.
And Geno was pleased with the performance.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It took a dozen readings ----but--I now understand what you said---Miss ST won--played USC
--a game UConn would have won (maybe)--and Miss St Blew it (maybe) USC played Japan, USC lost==does this imply Miss St should beat Japan??
By jove I got it---It takes spoon full of sugar to make the med sin go down, --or a quart of Bucardi's to understand the post; prof Higgin's by jove.

I will not be held responsible for your love of rum! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I will not be held responsible for your love of rum! ;)
I cannot nor I will not accept responsibility for MY condition--it was caused by Society or political corectness or psychological issues caused by a wealth child hood--had I been born to my real parents I would have not been so traumatized==where is that rum--dang, she hid it again!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom