U19 WC USA vs Spain 1:15 PM Saturday - YouTube Link | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U19 WC USA vs Spain 1:15 PM Saturday - YouTube Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ND fans were high on recruit Ali Patberg especially after one service gave her POY. She won't be an impact player in her freshmen year based on what I've seen in this game and in the U18 3 x 3 tournament. 7 turn overs along with 4 personal fouls. Scored Zero points. She was an alternate pick replacing Asia Durr.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Feel badly for Notre Dame's Patberg: 0 pts, 7 turnovers and 4 fouls.

29 turnovers for USA. Collier and Dangerfield combined for 8 (of 21) assists and 0 turnovers.

Reaction Score
USA had 29 turnover's as a team. That has to be close to our record in international play

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Wins 72 - 57 With about 6 minutes left they had a 29 point lead when Dawn emptied the bench.

Reaction Score
ND fans were high on recruit Ali Patberg especially after one service gave her POY. She won't be an impact player in her freshmen year based on what I've seen in this game and in the U18 3 x 3 tournament. 7 turn overs along with 4 personal fouls. Scored Zero points. She was an alternate pick replacing Asia Durr.

#12 who replaced KLS on this team looked more impressive in this game than Patberg

Reaction Score
Surprised Cox didn't show much. 1-5 from the field. Did not look very athletic. Patberg, 7 turnovers..yikes. Ortiz 5 turnovers. Nice win but ugly basketball...maybe nature of game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Gabbi Ortiz Guard 5 TO's
Ali Patberg Guard 7 TO's
Destiny Slocum Guard 5 TO's She gets a pass as she's just got to Russia and hasn't had practice time.
A'ja Wilson Forward 6 TO's
Crystal Dangerfield 0 TO's in 18 minutes of PLay.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought Cox played very physical inside. Actually boxing out and laying her body into players, a trace of meanness. That is something you can really work with in a post player.

I agree. She plays with a bit of an edge. She's going to be a tough player and whoever lands her will be very fortunate.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Entering 4th QTR. Collier 13 PTS, 14 Rebounds 5 Steals and 3 Assists. Don't let me forget the Block Shot and only 1 personal foul. That's called filling up the Stat Sheet.

First time I've seen her in game play and she moves like a taller Gabby. Like to see her in a game with better floor spacing and cohesion. Wait a minute! I may get to see that this fall. :)

Reaction Score
From what I watched, the USA struggles on offense mostly because Spain was very pesky on defense all game and they had a lot of help of the refs. Credit to Spain though, they stayed aggressive and hustled and forced those turnovers.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
First time I've seen her in game play and she moves like a taller Gabby. Like to see her in a game with better floor spacing and cohesion. Wait a minute! I may get to see that this fall. :)

Geno will want her in the game. . . a lot.

Reaction Score
Gabbi Ortiz Guard 5 TO's
Ali Patberg Guard 7 TO's
Destiny Slocum Guard 5 TO's She gets a pass as she's just got to Russia and hasn't had practice time.
A'ja Wilson Forward 6 TO's
Crystal Dangerfield 0 TO's in 18 minutes of PLay.
I saw a few BS traveling calls and stepping out of bounds calls when the players was no where near out in there.

Reaction Score
To me it seemed clear that the player with the highest basketball iq on the court was Phee. She seemed to be almost always in the right spot to do something positive.
Danger was the best PG and she should start in front of Ortiz that didn't show much.
Wilson is a beast and will be scary good

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dont forget the seven turnovers. UNACCEPTABLE. I really wish she wasn't coming to Duke :rolleyes:

Plus one takedown of Wilson in the first half..... luckily Wilson came back pretty quickly

Reaction Score
VERY VERY Impressed with Collie. I havent seen much of Butler game but if I'm Geno day 1 starters are Mo, Kia, Collier, Stewie, Tuck. Collier is a do everything wing that will flourish an Uconn system. I see a lot of Kelly Faris in her.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I really like how Team USA guarded Salvadores this year. She didn't look like the SuperWoman she was last year. Just goes to show you what good coaching will do. Wasn't happening last year. She's still a good pickup for Duke. However may not be All ACC in her Freshmen Year, which I thought might happen when she first chose Duke. :)

I saw a few BS traveling calls and stepping out of bounds calls when the players was no where near out in there.

Dont forget the seven turnovers. UNACCEPTABLE. I really wish she wasn't coming to Duke :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Cox didn't do much? didn't see a #1 recruit in her today
She is playing up on this team - most of the others are already in college or arriving this fall. (Same with Dangerfield who looks a lot more comfortable.)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
VERY VERY Impressed with Collie. I havent seen much of Butler game but if I'm Geno day 1 starters are Mo, Kia, Collier, Stewie, Tuck. Collier is a do everything wing that will flourish an Uconn system. I see a lot of Kelly Faris in her.

I don't know that she'll start but she's going to play a lot of minutes for the reasons you mentioned. She's much longer than Faris and a better scorer but, like Faris, her motor is always running and she's relentless in her pursuit of the ball. Great teammate too.

Reaction Score
How did this year's top incoming recruits (and CD next year) perform in the U19 game? Hmmm, let's see...

- Salvadores (Dook)-----28+ minutes, 9 points, 4 assists, 7 turnovers..........grade C+
- Patberg (ND)-----------13 minutes, 0 points, 2 assists, 5 rebounds,3 steals, 7 turnovers.........grade C
- Collier (UConn)--------25+ minutes, 13 points,5 assists, 14 rebounds,3 steals, 0 turnovers.........grade A+
- Dangerfield(UConn)---18+ minutes, 8 points, 3 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers.........grade A-

-For her age, Napheesa Collier is one of the best all-around players I've ever seen. Great energy and versatility. With the benefit of Geno and CD's coaching... lordy, lordy. lordy.
-As the youngest, littlest, quickest kid on the court, Dangerfield reminds me of a Mo-in-training and really does have the potential to ease the pain of Moriah's graduation:( next year.

-Just one game, but it served to reinforce what was seen in the exhibition game in Spain a few days ago.
I just do not see how Geno is going to be able to sit Napheesa Collier on the bench for very long. When she tightens up her game to Geno's standards, man, oh man!

- Looks like UConn got the best of this bunch.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How did this year's top incoming recruits (and CD next year) perform in the U19 game? Hmmm, let's see...

- Salvadores (Dook)-----28+ minutes, 9 points, 4 assists, 7 turnovers..grade C+
- Patberg (ND)-----------13 minutes, 0 points, 2 assists, 5 rebounds,3 steals, 7 turnovers.grade C
- Collier (UConn)--------25+ minutes, 13 points,5 assists, 14 rebounds,3 steals, 0 turnovers.grade A+
- Dangerfield(UConn)---18+ minutes, 8 points, 3 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers.grade A-

You sound like a UNC fan :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc