U19 Quarter Final: USA vs France - Friday's Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U19 Quarter Final: USA vs France - Friday's Game

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 30-22 at the half. USA with 11 turnovers, otherwise they would have a double digit lead.

For the most part USA playing good defense, except they have lapses where France is able to get to the basket for easy layups. USA's help defense is poor.

Joyner Holmes is USA's leading scorer with 12 points.

Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
30-22 at half. Both teams look petty bad. Only Holmes looks like she knows how to get some points.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A wild thought came to mind while we're waiting the the 2nd half to resume. IMHO, I don't think this team could beat UConn even with Crystal helping them.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to Agree with Geno and the rest of the coaching staff coaching them. UConn would have a huge advantage having 4 players that have played together more then 2 years. Gabby & Kia 3 years, Katie-Lou and Napheesa 2 years. Those four UConn players are better then any player on this USA team. It would not be a contest. UConn has the better shooters as well. :) Haven't event mentions Stevens yet.

A wild thought came to mind while we're waiting the the 2nd half to resume. IMHO, I don't think this team could beat UConn even with Crystal helping them.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting teeet from Dawn Staley!??? Could she be talking about C. Williams or are the Gamecocks looking at an international player

Checking out @GamecockWBB own @TyHarris_52 & @usabasketball take on France in the quarterfinals. And watching future gamecocks-mmm mmm good

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leading France 55-39 end of 3rd quarter. With France averaging 13 points a quarter, it looks like a USA Win. :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Could be thinking about Christyn Williams. However, many think she's a strong UConn lean.

Interesting teeet from Dawn Staley!??? Could she be talking about C. Williams or are the Gamecocks looking at an international player

Checking out @GamecockWBB own @TyHarris_52 & @usabasketball take on France in the quarterfinals. And watching future gamecocks-mmm mmm good

Carnac

Reaction Score
If the late Chick Hearn (long time Laker radio game announcer) were calling this game, he would have put it in the refrigerator, but the door is still open.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carter just closed the door with a long 3 pointer. The Jello is giggling, the eggs are cooling and the butter is getting hard.!!! 76-51 with 90 seconds left. This one is over. A 27 point victory for the USA.

Dangerfield didn't appear to be suffering any ill effects from her ankle injury. She played most of the game. THAT was the best news of the day!!!! :cool:

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA easily beats France 78-51, holding France to an average of 13 points per quarter.

USA had one of their more efficient 3 point shooting games. Attempting Nine making Five.
Overall Shooting 48% TO 29% for France

USA plays Japan tomorrow. Winner is on to the Gold Medal Game facing Winner of Russia vs Canada.

Reaction Score
That's not a wild thought. UConn beats this team by 25 or more. Their defense only looks good because the teams they've played are so bad. All the wings and guards have mastered the "turn and follow" defensive technique though.;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Walker now 56% (18-32) on twos, 7% (1-14) on threes, and 3-10 from the FT line.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Not Williams. International player; Amihere is a good guess.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Really strange for a head coach to be talking or tweeting about "future players" who are not committed to any university.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This U19 team is not easy or fun to watch. First, the team is just not that talented particularly when compared with previous U19 World Cup rosters:

2015: A'ja Wilson, Napheesa Collier, Azura Stevens, Kristine Anigwe, Destiny Slocum (Katie Lou missed because of family illness)

2013: Stewie, Tuck, Moriah, Kelsey Plum, Brianna Turner, Alexis Jones, Linnae Harper

2011: Stewie, Hartley, Dolson, KLM, Elizabeth Williams

This team seems to lack on-court chemistry and some of the body language is not good. What's with Team USA kids walking to a huddle for a timeout? By comparison, the U16 team was so much fun to watch.

That said, there are some individual players I've enjoyed. I like the way Alarie and Holmes have run the floor. Holmes needs to tighten up her game (turnovers and shot selection) but there's no questioning her effort.

Chris Dailey was in the crowd.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

She was watching Ty play for U19 on her phone... but she was also watching another player in person. Dawn is currently on a recruiting trip. She wasn't talking about Williams (not considering SC) or Amihere.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
This team is driving me crazy. I haven't seen so many missed layups in my life. They keep jacking up 3's and they can't make a layup, so you know they are not going to hit long range. I am not impressed at all. I can't see this USA team winning gold. They would have to make drastic changes, because as it stands right now, it's not happening. If they play Russia for gold, Russia will have to play worst.

Reaction Score
This U19 team is not easy or fun to watch. First, the team is just not that talented particularly when compared with previous U19 World Cup rosters:

2015: A'ja Wilson, Napheesa Collier, Azura Stevens, Kristine Anigwe, Destiny Slocum (Katie Lou missed because of family illness)

2013: Stewie, Tuck, Moriah, Kelsey Plum, Brianna Turner, Alexis Jones, Linnae Harper

2011: Stewie, Hartley, Dolson, KLM, Elizabeth Williams

This team seems to lack on-court chemistry and some of the body language is not good. What's with Team USA kids walking to a huddle for a timeout? By comparison, the U16 team was so much fun to watch.

That said, there are some individual players I've enjoyed. I like the way Alarie and Holmes have run the floor. Holmes needs to tighten up her game (turnovers and shot selection) but there's no questioning her effort.

Chris Dailey was in the crowd.

Who's KLM?? KML maybe??

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
USA easily beats France 78-51, holding France to an average of 13 points per quarter.

USA had one of their more efficient 3 point shooting games. Attempting Nine making Five.
Overall Shooting 48% TO 29% for France

USA plays Japan tomorrow. Winner is on to the Gold Medal Game facing Winner of Russia vs Canada.
Just looked at the stats. Did Crystal really play 23 minutes and not get a single assist?

Reaction Score
Her father was a Dukie.

RIXXX and MILFO: Don't hold that Dookie thing against her. RIXXX, there is good reason to be impressed. She finished up her first year as one of the all-time bests for the Tigers: Rookie of the year for the league and FIRST team All Ivy. Think she is about 6'4" or so...not sure. Shot lights out time after time (including the three, I believe), and ripped down double figure rebounds consistently....sometimes near 20. Lots of blocks and double-doubles. Soph year looms. Might go see her.

MILFO, despite her dad making the mistake of going to Duke, he narrowly escaped becoming a waiter by spending about five years in "The League." Her grandfather did the right thing from the start, going to Princeton and graduating Magna Cum Laude ( just one year after I did NOT graduate MCL), going on for this Master's there and then teaching there - think he combined math and science as a professor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom