U17 USA vs Spain for the Gold Medal 10 AM Today | The Boneyard

U17 USA vs Spain for the Gold Medal 10 AM Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
FibaTV - Link

Mike Flynn and others think USA will win but Spain has a chance. I'll be watching to see if Team USA plays a better game then they did yesterday.

Canada beat Japan for the Bronze Medal

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA out to an early 11 -0 lead. They are hitting their shots today and could end up with an easy win.

The feed is skipping a lot. Watching the game, then the feed goes back to before the game started. Hope FIBA corrects this problem.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Leads Spain 22-8 end of 1st Quarter LiveStats - Link

Diamond scored 11 of USA's 22 points. Team USA is hitting their shots more then they did yesterda.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Spain goes on a 12 - 4 Run to get closer to USA Score 34-21 4 minutes left in the half

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Spain on a 15 - 0 Run Score now 34-26

The Feed is now down and besides its almost unwatchable the way the feed goes back and forward in time.

Reaction Score
USA was leading 32-9. Timeout by Spain. Then Spain putting on a run. USA now leads 34-26. Spain passing the ball well making USA play defense. USA playing sloppy and rushed.

Some notes: Harper loves defense. All over the court
Deshields-super athletic, but NOT A PASSER AT ALL!!
Greenwell-nice size, speed and great bball IQ

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 40 - 31 at the half. USA should be leading this game by close to 20 points if they believed in Team Offense. Diamond has taken 15 of USA's 36 shots and made 4 of them. She's a great player and probably chose the correct school for her. UNC probably allows her to play like Latta and Larkin did for them..

As a matter of fact she reminds a lot of Erlana Larkin when Erlana played AAU ball. Never met a shot she didn't like. Don't get me wrong would love to see her at UConn as Geno would make her a better All-Around player. I don't think that will happen at UNC.

Reaction Score
Halftime: USA 40 Spain 31

DeShields may be leading in points, but does not look like a good team player. USA needs to take advantage of Russell, Reimer, and Turner.

Reaction Score
DD is not a passser, what makes you say that? ;) Not a good 2Q of ball. US should win but Spain is making it interesting.

Reaction Score
USA leads 40 - 31 at the half. USA should be leading this game by close to 20 points if they believed in Team Offense. Diamond has taken 15 of USA's 36 shots and made 4 of them. She's a great player and probably chose the correct school for her. UNC probably allows her to play like Latta and Larkin did for them..[/quote]

My sentiments exactly! Was just thinking how Geno would of pulled her out of the game after the 1st crazy shot she took.

Reaction Score
DD is not a passser, what makes you say that? ;) Not a good 2Q of ball. US should win but Spain is making it interesting.

Because I am watching the game. But, let me rephrase...."DeShields does not pass the ball and jacks up shots"

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes - USA looked great for about 1.2 Qtrs and then fell apart. Bad shots bad offense and Spain stopped missing every open shot they took. The defense the USA was playing was heavy on pressure and double teaming the ball, but pretty slow on getting out to shooters and stopping drives once Spain started completing passes out of the traps.
My feed has been fine so you might want to try restarting your connection.

Reaction Score
Because I am watching the game. But, let me rephrase...."DeShields does not pass the ball and jacks up shots"
I too am watching hence the;) after my question. But I appreciate your added observation of "jacking up shots" lol;):cool:.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Spain goes on a 10 - 0 run to end the 3rd Quarter. Score USA 58 Spain 48. The first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter, Team USA was sharing the ball and playing great team offense. Can't say the same for the last 5 minutes. Went back to their one on one play to allow Spain back into the game.

Still expect a USA double digit win, but this game is much closer then it should be.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
No doubt this is a very talented squad. I agree with pp though, about DD. she is obviously talented but this team is a BETTER team when the ball is shared. MR is being highly under utilized offensivly though she is putting in work defensively.

Linnae Harper has most impressed me today though.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
DeShields leads the team in points, rebounds and assists in this game. Hopefully Hatchell will find a way to correct her deficiencies. She cannot stand to have a player with so many weaknesses on the court.

Reaction Score
No doubt this is a very talented squad. I agree with pp though, about DD. she is obviously talented but this team is a BETTER team when the ball is shared. MR is being highly under utilized offensivly though she is putting in work defensively.

Linnae Harper has most impressed me today though.

What about Allen multiple 3's?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I suspect you're not watching this game or if you are you're just being contrary like usual. No one is saying that Diamond is not a talented player, but in the 1st half she was a detriment to this team which is so talented. Plain and Simple she was a ball hog taking 15 of the 36 shots Team USA took. I can guarantee you that Kim would have benched Diamond instead of letting her play the way she did in the 1st half. IMHO Diamond is playing much better in the 2nd half even though she's only scored 2 points.

She'll fit in at UNC where Sylvia has said she don't care about turnovers and cares more about the number of possessions her team has.

DeShields leads the team in points, rebounds and assists in this game. Hopefully Hatchell will find a way to correct her deficiencies. She cannot stand to have a player with so many weaknesses on the court.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So - second half I started having the same problem with my feed - kept jumping back to 1st half game action - oh well. USA is obviously going to win, but not all that enjoyable to watch.
I am wondering about the USA coaching decision - I do not remember seeing high school coaches as HC of other USA teams at any age level. I haven't watched that much of the younger USA teams so I may just be ignorant, but is this standard practice? Didn't they have Jen for some of the younger teams previously? I think college coaches would be better choices because they are probably better at working with better and more balanced team talent. I think a lot of the USA team issues people are seeing comes from coaching rather than necessarily the players themselves.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I suspect you're not watching this game or if you are you're just being contrary like usual. No one is saying that Diamond is not a talented player, but in the 1st half she was a detriment to this team which is so talented. Plain and Simple she was a ball hog taking 15 of the 36 shots Team USA took. I can guarantee you that Kim would have benched Diamond instead of letting her play the way she did in the 1st half. IMHO Diamond is playing much better in the 2nd half even though she's only scored 2 points.

She'll fit in at UNC where Sylvia has said she don't care about turnovers and cares more about the number of possessions her team has.
I think he's AGREEING with you Wbbfan1! He's saying that despite her obvious talent and contributions, Sylvia "cannot stand to have a player with so many weaknesses on the court."

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Wins the Gold Medal 75 - 62. Team had too much talent for any of the team in this competition.

Russia, France and the Czech Republic did not participate in this tournament. I wonder if they would have provided more competition. Still this was a very talented team that most college coaches would love to have on their team.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Wow the last 2 1/2 minutes were ugly! The team seemed to play much better when the starters were logging most of the minutes. I cannot believe that the talent drop-off is that high, so it's probably that the players were either a poor match for each other, or they needed more minutes with each other to gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom