U17 cuts down to 41 with some surprising omissions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U17 cuts down to 41 with some surprising omissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the idea of opening the U16 and U17 trials to applicants (they have to apply and be accepted) is a good idea - there are just too many kids at that age range that have had little or no national exposure for a committee to have a chance to see them all. That said, the process of selection from 140 +/- to 100 and then to 40 seems awfully compressed, to be cutting a significant number of 'invitees' who got their invites based on observation over 12 months rather than two days in a gym with 140 other players. I would have preferred to see the invitees all make it to the 40-50 player cut and then have 2 days to cut down to 15-18 final group. If you ended up in a section of underachievers at the 100 cut mark it could doom your chances.

The experience for everyone getting a chance to work with and against the best quality age peers has to be a positive - many of them are so far above the players on their own teams that seeing a broad cross section of the national talent is both an eye opener and a motivator even if they last only till the first cut.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
But was I correct that neither of the Uconn commits made the list?
There are a number of players Uconn is recruiting that did make the list, but neither of the committed players made it - Gordon didn't make it into the 41, and AEH didn't make it into the final 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom