U.S. House of Reps Oversight Committee letter to Mark Emmert | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U.S. House of Reps Oversight Committee letter to Mark Emmert

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think there is anything funny in there, and I have no idea what you mean by "they are public institutions maybe write them a letter"

Congresspeople addressing the NCAA about how the schools spend the revenue that sports generates is funny. Most of it goes to public entities that spend the money how they see fit.

The schools aren't in the USSR - they control the NCAA not the other way around.

So all the complaining about the NCAA is really complaining about the member institutions.

Reaction Score
Congresspeople addressing the NCAA about how the schools spend the revenue that sports generates is funny. Most of it goes to public entities that spend the money how they see fit.

The schools aren't in the USSR - they control the NCAA not the other way around.

So all the complaining about the NCAA is really complaining about the member institutions.

So - the U.S. House (and U.S. Senate) presented with current problems and responding in turn.......instead of addressing the governing principals of an institution with the bylaws and mission and membership that is the NCAA, should have addressed each individual member of the association directly.

Got it.

Reaction Score
This is the opening shot across the bow. Icarus is flying too close to the sun. I have more metaphors.

It's actually not the first shot. The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce sent a similar, and IMO, more "heavy" for lack of better word I can think of right now, shot across the bow 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't have known about it, or even thought to look for anything like it, had I not come across this House letter today in the USA Today. Totally by chance too.

I think it's no mistake at all that ESPN/Disney - the self proclaimed world wide leader in sports coverage - hasn't been publicizing this at all. They have a huge role in all of this that's been inquired about.

Bring on the metaphors!!

Reaction Score
It's actually not the first shot. The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce sent a similar, and IMO, more "heavy" for lack of better word I can think of right now, shot across the bow 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't have known about it, or even thought to look for anything like it, had I not come across this House letter today in the USA Today. Totally by chance too.

I think it's no mistake at all that ESPN/Disney - the self proclaimed world wide leader in sports coverage - hasn't been publicizing this at all. They have a huge role in all of this that's been inquired about.

Bring on the metaphors!!

Except that no media outlet has reported anything about this and none of the elected officials from either the House or the Senate whose names appear on these letters have gone public with this.

Since elected officials like nothing more than standing in front of cameras and telling the world what they are doing for their constituents and the media is always searching for a way to gain headlines this may be nothing more than a CYA process for these elected bodies in case something ever really blows up with the NCAA

Reaction Score
Except that no media outlet has reported anything about this and none of the elected officials from either the House or the Senate whose names appear on these letters have gone public with this.

Since elected officials like nothing more than standing in front of cameras and telling the world what they are doing for their constituents and the media is always searching for a way to gain headlines this may be nothing more than a CYA process for these elected bodies in case something ever really blows up with the NCAA

USA today isn't a media outlet?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Well while all animals are equal, some are more equal than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom