U.S.A. Women's Basketball Starts Up Again. Training Camp in February | The Boneyard

U.S.A. Women's Basketball Starts Up Again. Training Camp in February

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
From a U.S.A. Basketball Release attached below.

USA Basketball Women’s National Team training camp from Feb. 6-9 in Minneapolis. Camp will be held at The Courts, home of the WNBA’s Minnesota Lynx and NBA’s Minnesota Timberwolves.

Olympic and World Cup gold medalists expected to attend are Ariel Atkins (Washington Mystics); Napheesa Collier (Minnesota Lynx); Kahleah Copper (Chicago Sky); Elena Delle Donne (Washington Mystics); Allisha Gray (Atlanta Dream); Sabrina Ionescu (New York Liberty); Betnijah Laney (New York Liberty); Angel McCoughtry (free agent); Kelsey Plum (Las Vegas Aces); Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury); and Jackie Young (Las Vegas Aces).

Also expected to attend are USA Basketball alumni Natasha Howard (Dallas Wings); Marina Mabrey (Dallas Wings); Arike Ogunbowale (Dallas Wings); and Brianna Turner (Phoenix Mercury).

Sessions will be led by 2021-24 USA Women’s National Team head coach Cheryl Reeve (Minnesota Lynx) and court coaches Curt Miller (Los Angeles Sparks), Mike Thibault (Washington Mystics) and James Wade (Chicago Sky).

Training camp comes several months after the United States won its fourth consecutive FIBA Women’s World Cup gold medal last fall. This event will be used as evaluation for the USA Women’s National Team athlete pool as the U.S. looks toward the 2024 Paris Olympics next summer.

Of course, many national team regulars are either not available or not needed for this particular event, which, as noted, is looking for people to add to the natl'l. team pool. To the best of my recollection, this is the first time Mabrey and Turner, for instance, have been called to a senior team training camp.

Universities with multiple participants include Notre Dame with four and UConn and Rutgers with two each

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Group picture of the U.S.A. National Camp currently being held in Minnesota. I'm sure Coach Cheryl Reeve and Naphesia Collier of the Minnesota Lynx are being great hosts. Great to see DT and Elena Della Donne on the floor. For this Irish fan, I've noted how straight and tall (and beaming) Marina Mabrey is at being called for her first senior-level camp (seated, far right). Congrats to all the players and coaches. (Thanks to RISteve for initially posting over on The Bench).

Reaction Score
Pretty cool. I just saw the roster this morning. Pretty solid roster and coaching staff.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
So, after practice, two long-range bombers decide to go at it....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom