U-17 Tryouts start 5-24 | The Boneyard

U-17 Tryouts start 5-24

Reaction Score
We know the 35 invitees.

Thirty-Five Athletes Accept Invitations to USA Women’s U17 World Cup Team Trials

In the article it was stated: "It was possible for athletes who did not receive an invitation to participate in trials by submitting an application by April 3. Due to space limitations, a maximum of 115 applicant athletes will be permitted to attend trials, as determined by the USA Basketball Developmental National Team Committee. Athletes will be notified of the committee’s decision to attend trials by April 13, and the complete trials roster will be announced in late April."

On May 18th in the article naming the court coaches it stated: "On April 10, 35 athletes were announced as having accepted invitations to attend trials, however, it also was possible for athletes to submit an application to attend trials, for a maximum of approximately 150 participants. The complete trials roster will be announced in late May."

Court Coaches Selected to Assist at 2018 USA Women’s U17 World Cup Team Trials

Seeing how the 12 man roster will be named on the 28th of May I assume that "late May" was a miss print, but seeing how it's mid-May l I think someone dropped the ball as far as a list of the participants. And if there were space limitations that limited the participants to 115, how did the limit increase to 150? And further, how can the staff possibly properly evaluate 150 players in 4 days?

Anyone have a contact at USA?

Reaction Score
This is one of those posts where I can't tell if you are sarcastic or not lol. I hope you aren't being serious.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unless something has changed in the last 3 years it is/was my understanding that U16 is the last & only age group for which a player can submit a self nomination ( application) and pay your own way. Everything after U16 is by invitation only and expenses paid by USA basketball. That paragraph about 115 looks like a lazy, incorrect cut and paste.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Unless something has changed in the last 3 years it is/was my understanding that U16 is the last & only age group for which a player can submit a self nomination ( application) and pay your own way. Everything after U16 is by invitation only and expenses paid by USA basketball. That paragraph about 115 looks like a lazy, incorrect cut and paste.

There must be an application process. It's my understanding that Caroline Ducharme (2021, MA) will be there and she's not among the 35 invitees.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There must be an application process. It's my understanding that Caroline Ducharme (2021, MA) will be there and she's not among the 35 invitees.
Looks like they are taking the old U16 process and applying it to U17. There is this link from the U16 team page on USA basketball about the application process. In addition to the 35 invitees there were possibly other players who submitted application in April 3 and were notified of acceptance of the application on April 13. I agree with @Alydar if number of players to be evaluated is anywhere near 115 that would be kind of bizarre. In fact 35 might be too many to start with.
2018 USA U17 Women's World Cup Team Trials Information

Reaction Score
We know the 35 invitees.

Thirty-Five Athletes Accept Invitations to USA Women’s U17 World Cup Team Trials

In the article it was stated: "It was possible for athletes who did not receive an invitation to participate in trials by submitting an application by April 3. Due to space limitations, a maximum of 115 applicant athletes will be permitted to attend trials, as determined by the USA Basketball Developmental National Team Committee. Athletes will be notified of the committee’s decision to attend trials by April 13, and the complete trials roster will be announced in late April."

On May 18th in the article naming the court coaches it stated: "On April 10, 35 athletes were announced as having accepted invitations to attend trials, however, it also was possible for athletes to submit an application to attend trials, for a maximum of approximately 150 participants. The complete trials roster will be announced in late May."

Court Coaches Selected to Assist at 2018 USA Women’s U17 World Cup Team Trials

Seeing how the 12 man roster will be named on the 28th of May I assume that "late May" was a miss print, but seeing how it's mid-May l I think someone dropped the ball as far as a list of the participants. And if there were space limitations that limited the participants to 115, how did the limit increase to 150? And further, how can the staff possibly properly evaluate 150 players in 4 days?

Anyone have a contact at USA?

They must have found more space, because there will be 172 total:
2018 USA U17 World Cup Team Trials Expected to Feature 172 Athletes

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is one of those posts where I can't tell if you are sarcastic or not lol. I hope you aren't being serious.
Did I miss something? Is this post in the wrong thread??

YRV0V.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom