OT: - Tyson Fury | The Boneyard

OT: Tyson Fury

Reaction Score
Looked like a poor man's Larry Holmes giving a poor man's Ernie Shavers a boxing lesson.
But yes the late knockdown recovery was epic.
Holmes would have taken Wilder apart and barely gotten touched. That guy is overrated and it was frustrating rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Extraordinary refereeing not stopping the fight immediately when Wilder clocked him and giving him the full count. That said, I'm glad I wasn't scoring that fight. Fury never landed anything significant, but landed more. Fury never came close to knocking Wilder down. Wilder missed with nearly everything but scored the only two significant blows of the fight and knocked him down both times.

Only thing that's certain out of this fight is that Joshua would steamroll either of those two.

Reaction Score
Fury seems like an awesome guy. His appearance on JRE podcast was even more inspirational. Plus he is supposedly donating the whole 10 m. purse.

Reaction Score
Looked like a poor man's Larry Holmes giving a poor man's Ernie Shavers a boxing lesson.
But yes the late knockdown recovery was epic.
Holmes would have taken Wilder apart and barely gotten touched. That guy is overrated and it was frustrating rooting for him.
Great description of the fighters. I just don't get why people keep going on and on about DW being overrated. How is he overrated? Not trolling, please help me understand how he is overrated. The guy is a brawler not a boxer who relies on his athleticism and freakish power to put guys out. He was getting outclassed by a superior boxer for most of that fight but stepped up in the championship rounds needing a ko and he nearly pulled it off! He gets a vicious knockdown in the 12th but Fury gets back up through Devine intervention or some type of voodoo or Micheal Myers stuff and fights to the closing bell. Should've gotten the decision and dodged a major bullet through shear will in the final round. Cant wait for the rematch.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Decision was fine.

Fury won on punches but's it's tough to give a guy a win when he gets dropped twice.

Sets up for a nice rematch. Do it in England.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
3 judges had 3 completely different cards. Insane. Boxing is impossible to watch.

polycom

Reaction Score
At it's best it's the best sport to watch, IMO.

I wont forget going to bed after the fight and texting my cousin and saying Wilder lost and it wasn't really that close and waking up and hearing it was a tie... How can boxing purists enjoy it?

Reaction Score
Wilder's game plan against Fury was horrendous, he was a one-trick pony. AJ is too fundamentally sound and more agile than Fury to dodge Wilder's flailing right hands. The interview with Mayweather in the middle of the fight was spot on, he said Wilder's not using any combinations, he's just throwing right hands all over the place and being entirely too predictable.

Fury, while tough as nails, didn't show any ability to land serious damaging punches on Wilder. If he can't land those on Wilder, he won't land those on Joshua.

I'm not an AJ fan, but his game is more broad-ranging than Wilder and I don't think Fury would be able to outfundamental him for 12 rounds and win on a scorecard - as he very nearly did to Wilder.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wilder’s a freak of an athlete, but he has no idea what he’s doing.

It’s an indictment on the heavyweight division that these two guys were fighting for a title...I don’t think anyone will remember these two for very long, but it was entertaining. Fury won, but credit to Wilder for knocking the guy down in the late rounds to salvage a tie on the cards.

Still have no idea how Fury just popped up after being flattened. That will haunt Wilder’s dreams for the rest of his life.

polycom

Reaction Score
Wilder’a coach was horrible, in between rounds he really wasn’t telling him anything

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Fury is the best HW in the world. He does not have the power of Joshua or Wilder but he is a much more sound fundamental boxer. I think Fury would do the same to Joshua as he did to Wilder and Klitschko. With that said a Wilder and Joshua fight would be an electrifying fight for all those looking for a KO.

I had Fury winning 114-112, but I was not too upset with the draw score. The 115-111 for Wilder on the other hand is a crazy score.

And the new WBC champion of the world Tyson "Gypsy King" Fury.

polycom

Reaction Score
That was Mark Breland. Former Olympian who was starched by Hartford's own Marlin Starling ending his hype train before it really got rolling.

Those who can do can't always teach.

Reaction Score
I wont forget going to bed after the fight and texting my cousin and saying Wilder lost and it wasn't really that close and waking up and hearing it was a tie... How can boxing purists enjoy it?
I don't enjoy the judging, the sport is corrupt and a sham in that way but I try not to let it detract from the awesome athletes and awesome things these guys do in the ring. Surprised there are people in this thread who don't know what they watched either, Fury won the fight and even with the two knockdowns he won comfortably. Boxing is the one sport which is so corrupt it doesn't matter who won or not by the judges, all the glory goes to the peoples champ and Fury won that fight and will be remembered for that fight just as Hearns won the draw over Leonard, Lennox over Holyfield, and Triple G over Alvarez.

Reaction Score
Fury is the best HW in the world. He does not have the power of Joshua or Wilder but he is a much more sound fundamental boxer. I think Fury would do the same to Joshua as he did to Wilder and Klitschko. With that said a Wilder and Joshua fight would be an electrifying fight for all those looking for a KO.

I had Fury winning 114-112, but I was not too upset with the draw score. The 115-111 for Wilder on the other hand is a crazy score.

And the new WBC champion of the world Tyson "Gypsy King" Fury.

Actually I think Ortiz, who lost to Wilder but had the edge in punches and almost knocked him out (saved by the bell) looks like the most complete fighter to me. Would like to see him against Joshua, Fury or a rematch with Wilder.

Strangely, Wilder looked better in that fight than the wild mess he put out out against Fury.

Reaction Score
Actually I think Ortiz, who lost to Wilder but had the edge in punches and almist knocked him out (saved by the bell) looks like the most complete fighter to me. Would like to see him against Joshua, Fury or a rematch with Wilder.
Ortiz is so old though.

Reaction Score
Ortiz is so old though.
Heavyweights can fight forever if they haven't been in too many wars. Something about weight cutting that kills the lighter weight fighters longevity.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I think Ortiz is up there as well and will give anybody problems in the division. Ortiz will probably end up fighting Joshua. Winner of Joshua/Ortiz will be facing the winner of the Wilder/Fury rematch, which I will be backing Fury by decision yet again.

You have to remember Fury has only fought two low level heavyweights since returning from his absence after dethroning Klitschko to become the unified lineal HW champ. Two low level warm ups and he put up that performance against a top tier HW. That is extremely impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom