Tyrique Jones quote on UConn | The Boneyard

Tyrique Jones quote on UConn

Reaction Score
Bloomfield’s Tyrique Jones, a senior at Xavier, could face his hometown school this season in the Charleston Classic. UConn would play Xavier if both teams win (or lose) their first games of the tournament.

“That would be kind of cool,” said Jones. “I love UConn basketball. I always wanted to go to UConn, but the opportunity at Xavier presented itself and I feel like I made the right decision. Kinda bummed that next year we get to play at UConn, but I’m just happy that UConn is back in the Big East. It’s a great conference.”

UConn had two open scholarships the year he would have been a freshman (2016-17). Sigh...thanks KO.

Reaction Score
Bloomfield’s Tyrique Jones, a senior at Xavier, could face his hometown school this season in the Charleston Classic. UConn would play Xavier if both teams win (or lose) their first games of the tournament.

“That would be kind of cool,” said Jones. “I love UConn basketball. I always wanted to go to UConn, but the opportunity at Xavier presented itself and I feel like I made the right decision. Kinda bummed that next year we get to play at UConn, but I’m just happy that UConn is back in the Big East. It’s a great conference.”

UConn had two open scholarships the year he would have been a freshman (2016-17). Sigh...thanks KO.
I’m sure many remember this, but Jones and Diarra (at the time) were very similar prospects so we were only going to get one. And one was Diallo’s cousin which supposedly mattered...

Jones is a good player, but there was no way of knowing Diarra would have the bad luck he ran into. Not many 50/50s have gone our way since 2014.

Reaction Score
KO had his flaws and not filling scholarships was a huge one in terms of depth, but you only land a certain % of kids. That's water under the bridge at this point.

Anyway, Jones seems like a great kid and I hope he has a great Senior year with an off night against UConn. Interesting side note, Jones is easily the biggest guy on the Xavier roster at 6' 9" and 235 pounds. Seems odd to have a college team without anyone taller and/or heavier than that. By comparison, we have three guys listed at 6' 9" and Josh at 6' 11".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like a great kid those are nice things to say about UConn. I believe superjohn liked him and wanted KO to grab him. Tough sob not close to 6’9 either lol

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
According to podcasts I’ve heard Dan on and others where his move was analyzed by those who know him, Pitt finished third for Hurley. It was URI or us.

Reaction Score
Tyrique is one of my favorite non-UConn basketball players because of his CT roots and I like his style of play. Now, after reading this quote I get a better sense of Tyrique the person and I like him even more. Has a lot of Adrien in his game.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tyrique is one of my favorite non-UConn basketball players because of his CT roots and I like his style of play. Now, after reading this quote I get a better sense of Tyrique the person and I like him even more. Has a lot of Adrien in his game.
Post/handle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom